Rockcrusher Diffs?

anyone ever bought a differential cover or anything from Rockcrusher Diffs?

http://www.rockcrusherdiffs.com/

I ordered one last friday (8.8 diff cover for my 02 mustang GT), and I got the shipping confirmation email on Monday with the tracking #, the email said expected date to be delivered was April 30, 2008.

However when I punch in the tracking # it says shipping information received, and that's it. It never updates. so I called UPS asked them what the deal was, and they said that in cases like that, the sender has not yet given possession of the package to UPS.

wtf? so I sent a message yesterday morning thru ebay to the guy and never got a response, so I punched up the website. It has an email address, so I sent an email to him about noon. Never got a response, so this morning I sent a fax # over to him requesting an update, and put my phone #, email, etc and I still have not gotten a response as of 5:00 pm today.

anyone have a phone # or can help? I don't know what to do, and I need this ASAP as I'm getting a gear install done on Saturday morning and I can't reschedule this appt.

fax and email is the on the contact page, but they have no phone # listed.

i did an http://www.anywho.com/rl.html on the fax # and it came up with this info

Shirley, Grant
8068 Burgess Lake Dr
Youngstown, OH 44514

but still can't seem to find an actual phone # for this guy.

edit: I did let the guy know when I did the buy it now on the diff cover, that I would need it no later than Friday May 2, 2008.

Last edited:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
sorry for you bud, but no idea how to contact them.. what type of company dosn't have a phone number you can contact them at?

alright I just got an email from the guy, apparently they've had some problems with tracking #' and getting things sent out. He issued me a new tracking # and the package has showed it has been shipped!

so it won't be on time, but it will be here...I can just use my current diff cover until the new one arrives, then I can take it back in and have the new one put on and the diff. fluid refilled.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Did you even begin to question a company whose website is 90% "Coming Soon!" or did you just sign the blank check and hand it to them?

Money is important, a lot of you guys are waaaay too trusting-just to save 20-30 dollars.

crj814x4

Driving GOD
Established Member
Well the company has been out for a couple of years or more and they are just redoing there online. I know 4wheel parts sells them and other offroad stores. A friend of mine bought some a year ago that I remember for his dana 60 and 44.

tjs98gt

Established Member
it doesnt look nearly as strong as the trickflow, mac and etc covers that have the adjustable bolts/nuts in them to support the diff/bearings

Mayo5

Established Member
Why are you ordering a Diff. Cover anyways? Are you doing this yourself, or are you paying someone to do it?

They are legit company and have been around for sometime.

Those are the equivalent of the "ricer" off road guards. Most mall-crawlers will have them.

By the way, correct me if I'm wrong; but the Ford 8.8 for the trucks/SUV's are different than your Mustangs' 8.8.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I thought about one of these for my rig but decided to go with Ruff Stuff = 3/8" thick A50 Steel Plate (50,000lbs Tensile Strength):thumbsup:

Certainly a different application than what you're looking for!!

Did you even begin to question a company whose website is 90% "Coming Soon!" or did you just sign the blank check and hand it to them?

Money is important, a lot of you guys are waaaay too trusting-just to save 20-30 dollars.

I just saw it on ebay, when I got no answers, then I started looking for a website.

Why are you ordering a Diff. Cover anyways? Are you doing this yourself, or are you paying someone to do it?

They are legit company and have been around for sometime.

Those are the equivalent of the "ricer" off road guards. Most mall-crawlers will have them.

By the way, correct me if I'm wrong; but the Ford 8.8 for the trucks/SUV's are different than your Mustangs' 8.8.

He has them for the mustang 8.8, but the bolt pattern for the Ford 8.8 whether it's mustang, explorer, f-150 is the same.

a mechanic shop is doing the gear install tomorrow.

"ricer" off road guards? how in the hell can a diff cover be ricer? unless it's a neon glow in the dark, chrome lightup diff cover, I don't think it's ricer.

I just bought it because it was cheap, and the cover I have on mine got bent when some jerk at Firestone in Independence, MO bent my stock cover when he lifted the rear of my car with a hydraulic floor jack.

c3cc_1.JPG

Mayo5

Established Member
I just saw it on ebay, when I got no answers, then I started looking for a website.

He has them for the mustang 8.8, but the bolt pattern for the Ford 8.8 whether it's mustang, explorer, f-150 is the same.

a mechanic shop is doing the gear install tomorrow.

"ricer" off road guards? how in the hell can a diff cover be ricer? unless it's a neon glow in the dark, chrome lightup diff cover, I don't think it's ricer.

I just bought it because it was cheap, and the cover I have on mine got bent when some jerk at Firestone in Independence, MO bent my stock cover when he lifted the rear of my car with a hydraulic floor jack.

c3cc_1.JPG

I didn't say anything about the bolt pattern. But thanks for trying.

"Ricer" is also defined as something that is non-functional and all show; just as the product you are buying and paying someone to install. Especially since you are installing a Diff. guard that states ROCKCRUSHER 8.8 on your GT.

"Ricer" is also defined as something that is non-functional and all show; just as the product you are buying and paying someone to install. Especially since you are installing a Diff. guard that states ROCKCRUSHER 8.8 on your GT.

I bought it for the price, and for a little extra protection instead of the stock cover (stock cover is flimsy and cheap), the rockcrusher cover should be good enough. definitely not buying it for show, because you can't even see it when the car is on the ground.

but anyhow, my mechanic is overloaded with work, his brother comes into town monday, so we just decided to bump the install 2 weeks from tomorrow (the 17th of May) so that will work out better for me anyhow).

can't say I'd do business with this guy again. my diff cover came today, but it had a slight amount of rust on it. the communication was poor, and the sellers shipping time was terrible.

C+ experience at best. cover looks pretty darn sturdy though, should do the trick nicely.

10 days and counting till gear install!! 3.73's here I come! :rockon:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
The main diff of those other covers are the preload bolts for the main caps.

Which are worth it. As usual you are a tool....

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member

Your definition of ricer is off. Probably 90% of the mod'd cars on here are ricers by your definition. Everybody hide the fact they have aftermarket wheels,

Users who are viewing this thread