Rock music people -> What is this?

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
I grew up listening to Rap and Soul R&B. I pretty much just listen to R&B now.
Well, I'm a big PS2 Madden fanatic and in Madden '03 they had a Bon Jovi track that grew on me. After hundreds of hours of playing Madden (and a very angry wife :-D ) that song just grew on me to the point where I "obtained" a copy of that song along with some others.
Well, I heard that ACDC song Back in Black on a cell phone commercial and promptly "obtained" a copy of it along a few others. I must say, some of their songs are catchy and "energizing" to say the least.

Anyway, what would you classify Bon Jovi and ACDC? A friend of mine, who's into the limpBizkit, Kid Rock stuff, used to always make fun of Bon Jovi being "gay"(not trying to gay bash, just using his words)? Would liking his music be equal to a man being a fan of New Kids on the block?

My newfound curiosity for this type of music has me wondering. :-D :smmon:

Last edited:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Classic rock, there is alot out there. Try typing "classic rock" into your "obtaining" program and see what comes up. Your friends music I am not quite sure what to classify that as, but I don't like it so I don't really care about it either. Just look around and experiment even with new rock. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: Hope you like what you find!

203Cree

Established Member
NewKid said:
Your friends music I am not quite sure what to classify that as, but I don't like it so I don't really care about it either.

The term I hear kicked around a lot is "Nu Metal'. Hopfully, it'll get old sooner than later and fade away.

Bon Jovi, depending on when it came out, will either be classified as Classic Rock or Alternative Rock. I've always refered to AC/DC as Hard Rock, but to each their own.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
203Cree said:
The term I hear kicked around a lot is "Nu Metal'. Hopfully, it'll get old sooner than later and fade away.

Bon Jovi, depending on when it came out, will either be classified as Classic Rock or Alternative Rock. I've always refered to AC/DC as Hard Rock, but to each their own.

Yeah, 203Cree is right, I was being general.

sub92loyill

short was never this wide
Established Member
Basically, NOTHING is gayer than R+B... R and B is as straight as a circle.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Your friend listens to Fred Durst and Kid Rock and is trying to call something gay? Sounds a little hypocritical. Bon Jovi and ACDC would most likely be classic rock I suppose. Never been a huge fan of either but that's just me. Welcome to the world of musical instruments and songs without collaborations.:beer:

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Got5onIt said:
I grew up listening to Rap and Soul R&B. I pretty much just listen to R&B now.
Well, I'm a big PS2 Madden fanatic and in Madden '03 they had a Bon Jovi track that grew on me. After hundreds of hours of playing Madden (and a very angry wife :-D ) that song just grew on me to the point where I "obtained" a copy of that song along with some others.
Well, I heard that ACDC song Back in Black on a cell phone commercial and promptly "obtained" a copy of it along a few others. I must say, some of their songs are catchy and "energizing" to say the least.

Anyway, what would you classify Bon Jovi and ACDC? A friend of mine, who's into the limpBizkit, Kid Rock stuff, used to always make fun of Bon Jovi being "gay"(not trying to gay bash, just using his words)? Would liking his music be equal to a man being a fan of New Kids on the block?

My newfound curiosity for this type of music has me wondering. :-D :smmon:

I understand how your friend uses the " gay " term describing certain types of music. But if he seek's his " macho " manhood identity thru listening to a certain type of music, then I really feel for him.

Listening to certain types of music does not make you " gay " or " macho ".

I thought the world had come to an end when Milli Vanilli got exposed for being a fraud. j/k :coolman:

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
Just Check Out Mudvayne(-dig- *personal Favorite*), Rammstein, Slipknot, Nin,etc. Compare To Bon Jovi And The New Kids, Then You Tell Me If They Are Gay. You Have To Make Your Own Choice On What Is Gay, My Choice Is They Are Gay.

*whats All This Talk About Milli Vanilli Being A Fraud? I Thought They Were Going On Tour With Vanilla Ice Next Year? Wtf!

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
Back in Black is one of the best produced albums ever. And pretty much any AC/DC kicks ass. The thing about Bon Jovi and AC/DC is that there is always an identifiable groove you can just feel. That is pop music combined with hard hitting drums and guitars. I love that stuff. Highway to Hell is an awesome album too. Almost all AC/DC is blues derived and that might explain your attraction. Not to mention the Australian back beat is just killer.

You might look into Bachman Turner Overdrive's "Taking Care of Business" and some 70s classic rock like Edgar Winter Group and Foghat. Definately check out some Def Leppard too. Get a greatest hits from them. They were the ultimate pop rock band.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
have you heard the new NIN
best stuff since downwardspirl if you ask me

Faith No More also has some rockin stuff ( one of my fav) but now i thing that might be oldschool rock (90's)

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
All I know is Bon Jovi has gotten more Pussy than all the R&B artist's combined. The women love him. as for ACDC they are Classic Hard Rock :rockon:

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
whenever i leave the caps lock on, it does that. i guess when i post, it just changes to the it to the first letter of every word. sorry, but why is that something people pay attention to? its typed in plain english..... thats the best i could do.as far as "marland", thats my own state of being. will fix, t/y.

Users who are viewing this thread