Rock chips

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Any one here having rock chips on your front bumper and hood ? I have quiet a few and touch up paint don’t match good enough . I feel bad lol

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Are you using the paint brush touch up bottles? I quit using them long ago. I didn’t like the big blob of paint they left. I just buy a can of spray paint from automotivetouchup.com and spray some into the cap. I then use a tiny brush to fill in the chip. You have to get real close to see it when done. The spray paint is much more runny and easier to work with.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
That look like some back yard quick fix band aid resale type of product

hotcobra03

Established Member
chips all over on mine..

I found every piece that's just for cobra doesn't hold paint..

front and rear bumper,spoiler and hood..all need paint..

rest of the car is fine..

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
When I first bought my Vert it looked like it was driven behind a gravel truck. I decided to repaint the whole hood. Each one of those white marks are rock chips that were filled with glazing putty and the sanded smooth. I went to my local paint shop and ordered some SM paint. Then I sprayed the hood (top and bottom) and clear coated it with house of kolor clear coat. I wet sanded it with 1500, 2000 and then 3000 grit. Then I gave it a 3 step polish with 3M products.

I think it came out bad@$$. And yes, I know, it helps to have the tools to be able to do this. Just know I paint as a hobby. I'm no professional, but I have been doing this for a few years.

Vert Hood 1.JPG

Vert Hood 2.JPG

Vert Hood 3.JPG

Vert Hood 4.JPG

Vert Hood 5.JPG

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
That a lot rock chip . I have 5 on the hood . 1 on the roof . 1 in left fender . 1 on c pillar .

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
The part of Texas I’m staying at is country as hell . The road is not as nice as dallas area . Our road get a lot Little tiny Rock . The road I’m travel in is 2 lane . I rarely follow closer to peoples . But I could get rock from other car travel on other lane

termin8rdsg

Established Member
Are you using the paint brush touch up bottles? I quit using them long ago. I didn’t like the big blob of paint they left. I just buy a can of spray paint from automotivetouchup.com and spray some into the cap. I then use a tiny brush to fill in the chip. You have to get real close to see it when done. The spray paint is much more runny and easier to work with.

I have a couple chips to touch up, good timing with this post. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread