RobG

TIAMAT

Established Member
I was wondering where you got your JDM mods installed? I want to get stage 1 installed soon and i was wondering if you had a shop YOU TRUST in the chicagoland area. I'm wondering also if you recommend just going to JDM because every truck is different and they tune specifically for your truck? When you went to JDM how long did it take you and was it an easy ride? Finally, when is the next Chicago Lightning meeting? You seem to be very meticulous with you truck so I don't think just anybody works on it.
Thanks, J-Mart:beer:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by TIAMAT
I was wondering where you got your JDM mods installed? I want to get stage 1 installed soon and i was wondering if you had a shop YOU TRUST in the chicagoland area. I'm wondering also if you recommend just going to JDM because every truck is different and they tune specifically for your truck? When you went to JDM how long did it take you and was it an easy ride? Finally, when is the next Chicago Lightning meeting? You seem to be very meticulous with you truck so I don't think just anybody works on it.
Thanks, J-Mart:beer:

J-Mart the stage 1 kit includes:Chip, Cold air Induction, Line Mod Valve & Trans Pan.

The web site has perfect instructions on all of these mods. I am sure you could do it if you so desired. If you dont want to crawl under the truck go to a reputable trans shop and they can help you with the Line Mod Valve and Trans Pan. The cold air induction is simple, a couple of nuts and screws and you are done. The chip is easier on the 01, than the 00 or 99, because it is easier to get the computer out. Just make sure you follow the directions.

Give it go.

Come on you can do it. Have fun.:thumbsup:

RobG

Established Member
TIAMAT,

Most of my parts were installed at JDM. Same with the tuning, I never bought a mail order chip I just drove out to Jersey and Jim spent numerous hours tuning my truck. Best money spent. I usually install the parts myself but torque converter and gear swaps are too much for me. If you needed help installing parts let me know.

Also, if you drive out there it's a little over 800 miles from Chicago to Freehold. 14 to 16 hour drive.

If you're interested I'm going out to Rt.66 Raceway tomorrow for test 'n tune. The track is open from 4PM - 10PM.

My e-mail is [email protected] if you need anything else.

:burnout:

TIAMAT

Established Member
How did your test-n-tune go? What shape was the teack in after the rain? The main reason i want to drive to JDM is because he's an expert at tuning these trucks.

RobG

Established Member
Test 'n tune went great. Ran a 12.44 and a 12.38 on my street program. Both times with a 1.73 60' on Nitto Drag Radials :burnout: If the weather is nice I'll probably drive down again next Tuesday and try the race chip and maybe take off a little weight :coolman:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Originally posted by RobG
Test 'n tune went great. Ran a 12.44 and a 12.38 on my street program. Both times with a 1.73 60' on Nitto Drag Radials :burnout: If the weather is nice I'll probably drive down again next Tuesday and try the race chip and maybe take off a little weight :coolman:

Hey Rob,

do you normally drive around with the Nittos on your truck, or only for the track???

RobG

Established Member
This is my race prepped truck :rollseyes 4750 lbs. with driver and a 1/4 tank of gas.

robgdually.jpg

20's still in front and a spare set of 18's with Nitto's out back. So far I have gone 1.73 on two different tracks with the Nitto's. If you go racing on occasion and still have 18" wheels you can't beat these tires in my opinion.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Originally posted by RobG
This is my race prepped truck :rollseyes 4750 lbs. with driver and a 1/4 tank of gas.

robgdually.jpg

20's still in front and a spare set of 18's with Nitto's out back. So far I have gone 1.73 on two different tracks with the Nitto's. If you go racing on occasion and still have 18" wheels you can't beat these tires in my opinion.

Rob,

Which Nittos are you running?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread