Roaring Rear?

slick4_6

Established Member
I have a roaring sound coming from the rear of my L that I assume is the wheel bearings. I have read that these trucks are hard on axle bearing anyway. Do they make a better aftermarket bearing or do I just need to order factory replacements? Where is a good place to order repair parts? What are some of the popular upgrades that would be good to do while I have it pulled apart? I have a DMR Pan-Hard bar that I am going to install and I am also going to order a T/A cover to install at the same time. The rear has been into on my truck before because you can tell where it was re-sealed but I do not know what was done. I think it has an aftermarket limited slip because it is extremely easy to spin the inside tire by giving it just a little too much gas when making a slow turn. Do the rears on the Lightning have a similar setup as the mustangs with the c-clips and everything?

slick4_6

Established Member
make sure it's not the tires or the ring and pinion

I thought to begin with that it maybe the tires until I heard the sound with the windows down driving out our gravel driveway when it was cold the other morning. I hope its not the ring and pinion. I can't do that myself. It did start doing it after a few hard runs letting a friend from work ride with me a couple weeks ago.

slick4_6

Established Member
What could cause the rear to start howling? I just want to make sure I cover all my bases while I am in there.

Users who are viewing this thread