Road Trip through your Region

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
My wife and I plan to take a northerly route from SoCal starting in late November and ending up back here on the east coast. I've driven the southerly (I-40) route more times than I can remember, but have never been able to head north. I have a couple questions for you all that I hope you can help me out with ...Google has too much scattered information.

- What is the weather like in late November, early December? We are cold weather people, but the snowfall has us leary. We'll have a AWD rental, but that won't get us out of 2+ ft (we only have two weeks to do this, so time is a concern).

- Any neat places to visit along the way? National Parks, towns, etc ...even the stupid stuff? I want to see Car Henge in Nebraska, Minuteman Silo in South Dakota, etc. There is a candy place in Denver the wife wants to see that the Food Network featured. ...places like that. If you know of them, let us know!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :beer:

M240Bravo

Established Member
I have lived in Nebraska my whole life and there is nothing there to see. On the weather, it could be 70 or it could be -10 with 5 feet of snow.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Ha. Well, I saw that "Car Henge" was in Nebraska; one of the more corny things to see (no pun intended).

VtekII

Established Member
It is? i had no idea... ehh its not bad here atleast most of the people are decent, something you wont find as much on either of the coasts.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
NE is ok, its the Taxes that get ya. I would check out the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo, it is ranked 3rd in the US for zoos. Sam should know its pretty good, his family is still in the Monkey section, even though he escaped, lol. November is tough though could be cold or warm you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread