Road Trip Suggestions, Houston to PA Via the Coasts

hotcobra03

Established Member
I would just go straight north and go to Tennessee.

Thinking you live east side of PA,

Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Virginia, into PA.

I'm from jersey,,
To me the east coast just doesn't do it for views

As for food in katy,,

I work alot in Houston,

Barbecue trucks on the roadsides are the best.

When you leave Katy, take 10 west to 130.

It's a toll road but speed limit is 85 and no cops

Takes you to Austin

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Some of the best roads I've been on were in WV. We did the mountain trip last year. Went across northern GA, AL, TN, KY, & WV. Unfortunately it was in our F-150 so not as fun.
We figured we'd take the coastal route this time. But boy do I hate interstate driving. I also don't want to end up in some seedy areas. I'm still looking for somewhere to stay between Houston and FL, and Myrtle Beach and home.
If it were me, I would drive 8 hours to Perdido Key/Orange Beach area for the first stop. The Oyster Bar in Perdido Key is a favorite of mine. Beautiful place to see the Gulf from.

RES0574

Established Member
Some of the best roads I've been on were in WV. We did the mountain trip last year. Went across northern GA, AL, TN, KY, & WV. Unfortunately it was in our F-150 so not as fun.
We figured we'd take the coastal route this time. But boy do I hate interstate driving. I also don't want to end up in some seedy areas. I'm still looking for somewhere to stay between Houston and FL, and Myrtle Beach and home.
Between Houston and FL, try Gulfport, Biloxi, or Mobile AL. You can even try Daphne/Fairhope, AL. I love downtown Fairhope. Nice hotels and restaurants.

Between Myrtle Beach and PA, if you were thinking Williamsburg, you are going to have to take some back roads through either Waverly or Wakefield to get to the ferry across the James. If you want to avoid most of the Interstate, take 58 at Emporia (I-95) or South Hill (I-85), and make your way over to 13 (through Norfolk unfortunately) so you can go up the Eastern Shore. That can dump you out at Christiana and go North either 95 (Philly) or Turnpike if you typically go that way.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Not sure how deep your route is taking you, but if you’re coming through NJ and want to hit a coastal area, hit up Cape May for sure. When you’re there, there’s awesome sites like HUGE Victorian homes that were restored all along Beach Ave and in town near Washington’s Square.

Many awesome Bed and Breakfasts to stay at, such as The Queen Victoria… want excellent dining and great food, Peter Sheilds Inn, The Ugly Mug Bar & Restaraunt or the famous Lobster House…. or so many others.

There’s many sites to see as well, such as WWII tower and bunkers looking over Sunset Beach, tons of shops in Washington’s Square, horse & buggy tours in town, trolley bus tours, famous homes/sites that are haunted, whale watching tours, paragliding, flying museum, lots to do along Beach Ave (or Beach Drive as some refer to it)…. There’s also Cape May Ferry which goes to DE.

Look it up online or for those who are in the Tri-State area, hit it it up if you have the chance. It’s a great spot for anyone who’s looking for a good road trip and day out…. It’s not the “same old” common beach town like others in NJ….

There’s events held there all year long. Even during holiday seasons, such as Halloween, Christmas, the displays are cool and things to do there are endless…

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Not sure how deep your route is taking you, but if you’re coming through NJ and want to hit a coastal area, hit up Cape May for sure. When you’re there, there’s awesome sites like HUGE Victorian homes that were restored all along Beach Ave and in town near Washington’s Square.

Many awesome Bed and Breakfasts to stay at, such as The Queen Victoria… want excellent dining and great food, Peter Sheilds Inn, The Ugly Mug Bar & Restaraunt or the famous Lobster House…. or so many others.

There’s many sites to see as well, such as WWII tower and bunkers looking over Sunset Beach, tons of shops in Washington’s Square, horse & buggy tours in town, trolley bus tours, famous homes/sites that are haunted, whale watching tours, paragliding, flying museum, lots to do along Beach Ave (or Beach Drive as some refer to it)…. There’s also Cape May Ferry which goes to DE.

Look it up online or for those who are in the Tri-State area, hit it it up if you have the chance. It’s a great spot for anyone who’s looking for a good road trip and day out…. It’s not the “same old” common beach town like others in NJ….

There’s events held there all year long. Even during holiday seasons, such as Halloween, Christmas, the displays are cool and things to do there are endless…

Cape May is one of our favorite weekend getaways. I'm very familiar with it. I thought about driving through but there is no way I'm putting the car on the Cape May- Lewes ferry.

Users who are viewing this thread