Road Racing

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I've been considering getting into Road Racing the Shelby. Anyone have any insight on where to start? I've never really been a part of the "legal" racing scene and I figured... A little older, little wiser... I might want to get back into the scene on a legit basis.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Capitol Driving Club has auto-x meets in the Frederick and Bowie areas. Also check VIR and Summit Point for the HPDE schedule and sign up, only problem is most times you need to be a member of whatever club is renting the track out or you get charged out the wazoo for entry. HPDE events are extremely fun and will really teach great driving technique.

One thing i would def invest in a good helmet and ask around about brake pad suggestions. Stock pads/fluid should not be used on a road course, invest in high temp fluid and a high temp pad. OG Racing in Springfield has a ton of knowledge and great prices for anything you need. I have been using them for the past 4-5 years with pads, fluid and temp strips.
http://www.ogracing.com/

Matt in Houston

I like SVT & I cannot lie
Established Member
If you are going to really get into road racing, honestly I think its best to have a dedicated track car if at all possible. Maybe consider buying something used and building it up as a blank slate...something that you wouldn't mind going off track in because you will go off and things will get broken. An MX5 is a great track car, for example. I have seen some nice cars get trashed on the track...

Users who are viewing this thread