Road noise

454LSX

Established Member
Just picked up an 03 Cobra and the suspension is pretty much stock except for Eibach pro's and Steeda thingy's in on the shock towers (sorry I'm a Chevy guy :) )

When I go down the road it has a roaring sound like when you are the highway and go to far out or your lane...not that loud but definately noticable. I thought it was the exhaust but then I took it up to 65 and turned the engine off and let it coast it is definately not coming from the engine. It almost sounds likes its coming from the front tires?

Is this normal for the car? It has cheaper M&S Ventures brand tires I think they are called, they are new but I've never heard of them before...

Thanks!

Bobby

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
First, its a Cobra not a BMW. You will hear noises you never heard before coming from this car. (CLUNK, POP, TINK, TICK TICK TICK)
Now if they have to GoodYear F1's then yes the tires are noisy. Get a set of Nitto 555's

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
all that extracurricular noise goes away when you matt the go pedal. the blower whine is intoxicating

454LSX

Established Member
all that extracurricular noise goes away when you matt the go pedal. the blower whine is intoxicating

Yep I feel you on that one!!! Enjoying the car, and I realize its not a BMW, I heard that the clunking of the tranny going into gear is normal and I'm cool with that. If the winding noise is normal I'm cool with that to....if something is wrong I'd like to fix it that is all.

Users who are viewing this thread