Road Atlanta? Road America?

BillsSnake

:-? :-? :lol: Kevin mentioned Road Atlanta and Road America. When? Why? Who? What?????? Care to fill me in. This would be an very good reason (wife will say excuse) to get the roll cage and the belts and the differential cooler and the in car camcorder and __________________ stuff.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by BillsSnake
:-? :-? :lol: Kevin mentioned Road Atlanta and Road America. When? Why? Who? What?????? Care to fill me in. This would be an very good reason (wife will say excuse) to get the roll cage and the belts and the differential cooler and the in car camcorder and __________________ stuff.

A few of us are going to Road Atlanta April 13-14, 2002 for a two day Panoz open track.

The next weekend, a few of us will be at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wi. for a two day open track there.

The big one is at Road America in Sept, that is our annual R convention. That is the one where we would like to really see you at. Last year we had around 15 R's and we will almost surly have more this year. This event is a three day deal.

SCMC will be having a two day driving school at Gingermann raceway in South Haven, Mi. the first week of oct, 2002

SCMC(svt cobra mustang club) will be having a two day track event in Oct in at the new track opening this spring in southern Iowa.

There is a rundown of some of the events that alot of us will be at next year, I am sure more will be added along the way.

BillsSnake

Road Atlanta is close enough to Deep South Florida to be doable. I am douthfull we can make it to Road America. Any details on the trip would be welcome. :lol: :cool:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member

I think you are there, Bill....I can almost see it....so close to home....aaahhhhh, its like a dream come true :D :D :D :D :D

I'm gonna REALLY REALLY try to make it myself!!!!:coolman:

kevin

Road Atlanta is close enough to Deep South Florida to be doable. I am douthfull we can make it to Road America. Any details on the trip would be welcome. :lol: :cool:

what brian said. but if you want to do atlanta, ya gotta get sighned up quick. i think the have a rather low number of cars limit

you can go to www.panozracingschool.com pull down the application and send it in. the site also gives a lot of info of how panoz runs this. but 2 hours on sat and 3 hours on sun track time is a hefty amount and most people will get tired b4 it's over.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin

what brian said. but if you want to do atlanta, ya gotta get sighned up quick. i think the have a rather low number of cars limit

you can go to www.panozracingschool.com pull down the application and send it in. the site also gives a lot of info of how panoz runs this. but 2 hours on sat and 3 hours on sun track time is a hefty amount and most people will get tired b4 it's over.

I'm not sure if the date is listed yet so make sure you get the April 13th and 14th school.
icon14.gif

Andy M

Established Member
So, it looks like you drive their cars for this school?, right? if so, when do you get to drive YOUR car on this track? or do you?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
So, it looks like you drive their cars for this school?, right? if so, when do you get to drive YOUR car on this track? or do you?

No Andy, You drive your own car for the full two days.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
where to stay?

i checked the info on scmc and they advise staying at the marriot.....are you guys staying there? I'm making serious plans on going!

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Re: where to stay?

Originally posted by NJ2000R
i checked the info on scmc and they advise staying at the marriot.....are you guys staying there? I'm making serious plans on going!

Yep, that is where I'll be staying.

Users who are viewing this thread