Road America - Midwest Domestics - May 4th & 5th

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I thought I would share some pictures from our trip last weekend. A lot of cool cars... and fantastic group of people.

:beer:

IMG_4249-S.jpg

IMG_4305-S.jpg

IMG_4333-S.jpg

IMG_4293-S.jpg

IMG_3944-S.jpg

IMG_4183-S.jpg

IMG_4212-S.jpg

IMG_4206-S.jpg

IMG_4297-S.jpg

IMG_4375-S.jpg

IMG_4285-S.jpg

IMG_4445-S.jpg

IMG_4448-S.jpg

The rest are here.... I tried to keep it 56K friendly. lol
Road America 2013 - LS Photography

Last edited:

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Looks like the person in the 944 didn't have a good time. That must be such a mood swing. One second you're out there having a blast, next second you're in the wall and your day and car are done.
I would love to experience road racing. When I first got my car, and knew nothing about what it took to be able drive a car on a road course, I signed up for Speed Ventures only to find out I would need a roll cage since I have a vert. :(

P.S Great pics OP. Looks like everyone, well almost everyone, was having some fun out there.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Yeah the 944 had an impact..I don't think he was injured but he was at medical when the tow brought the car back. If you look at a couple of the pictures you can see the flames... I got my hands on an extinguisher about 10 seconds before safety arrived and put the car out with their truck. A few others went off with some damage as well, I think maybe 3 or 4 incidents out of the 120 cars that were there.

The wife got to go out in the Lambo and the 97 Camaro SS for 25 minute sessions (Instructors driving) and I got to ride in an M5 (whatever model this one is)
IMG_4175-M.jpg

Had a complete blast.. they do it yearly so we have been going since last year. Definitely worth the 4 1/2 hour trip for us.

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
road america is one of my favs on forza

but midwest domestics? looks like alot more imports to me!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
wish i would have known about this. i live about 30 minutes away from there

great pics

S8ER01Z

Established Member
wish i would have known about this. i live about 30 minutes away from there

great pics

Yearly event for past 13 years I think... I'll let you know when it comes up next year, definitely a blast and if you are that close its more than worth the effort/drive. :beer:

http://roadamerica.midwestdomestics.org

but midwest domestics? looks like alot more imports to me!

Yeah up until this year it was an F-body club... but its always been open to anyone. Even the drag racing events are complete mixed bag of everything... a lot of people moved on from f-bodys after they died off and stayed with the club anyways. I think they were looking at embracing a wider audience but its hard to jump from 'just f-bodys' into everything... I'm not even sure there is a good way to pull that off? No one seemed to mind too much though as the club members just love cars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread