RLC Possible Ticket

ModularFan

Established Member
Today I was driving in Jersey, had to run a few errands over there. Now here's the thing I have PA tags so i only have one plate. As I was approaching the intersection the light was yellow just as my hood went under the light, Now Mind you I do believe I saw a flash or it may have been glare not sure.

My questions is how much is usually the fine for a RLC and is it any points. How long will it take to receive in the mail if i indeed to get a ticket?

oldmodman

Established Member
If the camera only took your picture from the front as almost all photo red light cameras do, you will never receive a ticket.

If you were in a state that does not issue front plates then the picture would have been taken twice. Once to get your face and once to get your plate.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
The fine may depend on the city. Where did it happen? Newark for example is an 85 dollar ticket.

Looks like it's a no points violation.
In no case shall motor vehicle points or automobile insurance eligibility points pursuant to section
26 of P.L.1990, c.8 (C.17:33B-14) be assessed against any person for a violation occurring under
the provisions of this act. The ticket for a violation of New Jersey Title 39:4-81, Failure to
Observe Signal is the responsibility of the registered owner of the vehicle.

Not sure on the time line. :shrug:

ModularFan

Established Member
The fine may depend on the city. Where did it happen? Newark for example is an 85 dollar ticket.

Looks like it's a no points violation.
In no case shall motor vehicle points or automobile insurance eligibility points pursuant to section
26 of P.L.1990, c.8 (C.17:33B-14) be assessed against any person for a violation occurring under
the provisions of this act. The ticket for a violation of New Jersey Title 39:4-81, Failure to
Observe Signal is the responsibility of the registered owner of the vehicle.

Not sure on the time line. :shrug:

Hamilton NJ, Mercer County! is where it happened.

CSD

Banned
Today I was driving in Jersey, had to run a few errands over there. Now here's the thing I have PA tags so i only have one plate. As I was approaching the intersection the light was yellow just as my hood went under the light, Now Mind you I do believe I saw a flash or it may have been glare not sure.

My questions is how much is usually the fine for a RLC and is it any points. How long will it take to receive in the mail if i indeed to get a ticket?

RLC summons carry no points and the fine varies. It will take anywhere from a week to a month to arrive in the mail. Some municipalities have several intersections to watch alerts on and then issue a summons for. The more video an officer has to watch, the longer it will take to arrive. Good luck

If the camera only took your picture from the front as almost all photo red light cameras do, you will never receive a ticket.

If you were in a state that does not issue front plates then the picture would have been taken twice. Once to get your face and once to get your plate.

Traffic cameras in Jersey take video/picture from the rear of the vehicle.

ModularFan

Established Member
Thanks for the responses, If an Officer happens to run my tag, Would this show up as previous violations? even after its paid? If I do in fact receive a ticket for it.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I don't see why it wouldn't show up on a check of your history by a LEO.

Users who are viewing this thread