Ripped My Driveshaft in 2!!!

venom50

Established Member
well i was at the track like 3 weeks ago.in my 2002 L .my trucks mostly stock (13.80).just a jlp ram air filter. anyways on my second run .i had too much wheel hop.and just ripped my driveshaft in half like a pretzel.later i found out that im missing a right rear shock.not like i told the dealer bout it or being at the track for that matter. well both air bags deployed. what a freaking mess. my extended warranty only covered my driveshaft. :cuss: my truck has 39,000 miles on it.anyways my seat belts also locked up. what are my options .i really dont want to go with my ins. so im on my own on this one.can i reset my computer or something.also i had to disconnect my horn, as it wont shut off.ive got pics but i dont really know how to post them.any help guys .as i need my seat belts unlocked. thanx Danny

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
What are your mods?? Why does the dealer need to know you were at the track??

Wheel hop sucks. A buddy of mine GRENADED his rear on a lifted 4x4 when he was doing a burnout and it started wheelhopping.

OH-MAN

Established Member
First mod when you get it back together: TRACTION BARS.
They will control that nasty and expensive wheel hop.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
OH-MAN said:
First mod when you get it back together: TRACTION BARS.
They will control that nasty and expensive wheel hop.
Yeah LFP has them back in stock as of yesterday

And why the hell did the bags deploy??? Did you stop that violantly???

venom50

Established Member
from what i could gather.when the driveshaft broke the part connected 2 the yoke .was banging around the frame. i looked down there and that what it looks like. loud as f-ck.it really came back to me missing my right rear shock.ive got it all on my dvd camcorder. really was kinda funny. well for my buddies that is.

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
lightninmike said:
Yeah LFP has them back in stock as of yesterday

And why the hell did the bags deploy??? Did you stop that violantly???
Yes they do, I just got shipping notification, they'll be here tomorrow!!!

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Holey crap! You were missing a shock??? How did you not notice that. Or did it break off when the drive shaft took off on ya???

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
SWThomas said:
Holey crap! You were missing a shock??? How did you not notice that. Or did it break off when the drive shaft took off on ya???
by reading his first post it seems to me like it was already gone and that had something to do with inducing the wheelhop inturn causing the shaft to prezal

Users who are viewing this thread