RIP Dasan Holloway of Lund Racing.

Zemedici

Established Member
Most if not all life insurance policies, regardless of the company an individual works for or who the policy is through, automatically declines the claim if the loss of life was because of suicide. Aside from that, I have nothing new to add here.

Is that new?

Kiohtee

Established Member
Is that new?

I don't think so. As to why there are, or were, or whatever, multiple fundraisers; I don't know. Some could be fake, maybe one person doesn't know what the other is doing, and maybe its a ploy to grab as much money as possible. Regardless, that's why I, and anybody else, should only donate an amount they are comfortable with and can afford to, so in the event it was just a money grab, no big deal from my personal financial perspective.

On the front of what kind of person Dasan was; this I also do not know. Having struggled with these same demons myself, I'm sure at certain times had I committed suicide, I wouldn't look like a person of strong character either. At least not of good character. I'm also fully aware what relationship issues, a woman in particular, can make an otherwise sane man, say and do. So I won't judge him on that front, even if on the surface I don't agree and its easy to armchair quarterback the situation.

Dasan was a professional businessman and could tune a Coyote like nobody's business. He was also very nice and open to talking, in length, about any issues a customer was having with their vehicle, his/Lund's tune or not. I just wish he was as open and willing to talk about his own issues.

Kiohtee

Established Member
The gofundme's are totaling over 30k for the two.. thats an expensive "funeral"

The death of a man, the husband/father aspect alone, adds up to a great deal more than the cost of a funeral. Taking the fact that its Dasan out of the equation, just for bias purposes, are some of you so dense that you forget there is now a family doing without a husband/dad? I don't know if in this particular case a kid(s) was involved, but losing the income of a spouse alone is hard for 90% that isn't an SVTP baller.

SS EATR

Established Member
A man cannot know another man's pain unless he has walked in his shoes.

Divorce, separation, or issues within a marriage can make a man do things he would never think of doing in any other situation. I have a friend who is going thru some things in his relationship that when he tells me what is/has been happening to him could drive someone to do act out of the norm.

What I mean by that, is we read one story about the man, and we don't know what all has happened that led up to the story prior to him taking his life. We will never know those details, and I won't ever condone suicide as the answer, but a person always has to try and remember that love/hate are the two main drivers in a situation like this. Love/hate being so opposite, always make a person do the unthinkable.

Either way a person looks at this situation, it's still sad to see someone 34 years old who was highly looked upon by other for their talents end their life. Suicide in my opinion is not the way to go....34 years old is too young to die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. Until a person has been through something like that, they have no room to judge. It does something to you that is impossible to put into words. No matter the issue surrounding it, someone lost their life.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
In which case it would be ruled an accident.

The only way i know it is i had a cousin kill himself with a shotgun. The coroner ruled it self inflicted although he shot himself it was not intentional for him to die.

Now don’t quote me on this because it was second hand knowledge

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The only way i know it is i had a cousin kill himself with a shotgun. The coroner ruled it self inflicted although he shot himself it was not intentional for him to die.

Now don’t quote me on this because it was second hand knowledge

Makes sense I suppose. Shot himself with a shotgun? Yikes. Sorry that happened.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
No, an AD (Accidental Discharge) kills almost 4000 ppl each year and its self inflicted usually. Suicide is self inflicted as well but not accidental.

Isn't suicide and self inflicted the same thing? Did some kind of sarcasm just pass over my head?

In which case it would be ruled an accident.

cj428mach

Established Member
I think insurance will pay for suicide or at least some policies.

I was watching forensic files the other night and the husband was an insurance saleman that put a $500k life insurance policy on her then staged a suicide.

50stangpower

Established Member
Here you go. In Maryland I think it's one year, not sure about Delaware.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180317-144634.png
    Screenshot_20180317-144634.png
    577.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
I think insurance will pay for suicide or at least some policies.

I was watching forensic files the other night and the husband was an insurance saleman that put a $500k life insurance policy on her then staged a suicide.

I know people personally who have received insurance payouts on suicides is why i was asking....yessir

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
The death of a man, the husband/father aspect alone, adds up to a great deal more than the cost of a funeral. Taking the fact that its Dasan out of the equation, just for bias purposes, are some of you so dense that you forget there is now a family doing without a husband/dad? I don't know if in this particular case a kid(s) was involved, but losing the income of a spouse alone is hard for 90% that isn't an SVTP baller.

While I agree I also think that "Gofundme" shouldn't be used for death/funeral.
If you didn't plan for death that's your problem. Sounds cold but that is my opinion.
Not gonna elaborate or debate it either.

Users who are viewing this thread