RIP B.I.G. March 9, 1997

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Definitely one of the greatest. It's always interesting though how you can't have a Biggie conversation without mentioning Pac

Jroc

Established Member
Definitely one of the greatest. It's always interesting though how you can't have a Biggie conversation without mentioning Pac

I look at it more as it's hard to talking about the greatest rapper ever and not mention Tupac. Love him or hate him you can't honestly deny his brillance at what he did.

Still both BIG and Pac were two of the greatest rappers yet. As much as I hate to admit it Eminem can be catagorized in that group also. The mans a great writter/rapper.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
My taste for rap mostly ended with the 1990's. I can't stand any of the new crap and especially any of the new rappers (with the major exception of Eminem).

It became all about flaunting how much of an wannabe idiot you are instead of storytelling (e.g., Lil' Wayne—I can't express how much I hate this ******).

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Meh, career criminal from age 12, drug dealer, highschool dropout, and known gang member... Good riddance.

Only wish all like him would go out that way.

the funny thing is i think biggie would totally agree with you on that...

[youtube_browser]M72qgmGhhzY[/youtube_browser]

kaz109

Established Member
I look at it more as it's hard to talking about the greatest rapper ever and not mention Tupac. Love him or hate him you can't honestly deny his brillance at what he did.

Still both BIG and Pac were two of the greatest rappers yet. As much as I hate to admit it Eminem can be catagorized in that group also. The mans a great writter/rapper.

No way you shouldn't want to admit it, Eminem is without a doubt a big or pac that was not taken from the world to earlier. He is a lyrical God. I can't put him #1 but he is in my top 5 dead or alive

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I was always a bigger fan of tupac until I watched the movie "Notorious" It really opened me up to more music of his that I hadn't heard. I am a bigger fan now for sure.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I was always a bigger fan of tupac until I watched the movie "Notorious" It really opened me up to more music of his that I hadn't heard. I am a bigger fan now for sure.

Ready to Die is an album that you dont skip a song. Its pretty rare. Nas' Illmatic is another one.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It became all about flaunting how much of an wannabe idiot you are instead of storytelling (e.g., Lil' Wayne—I can't express how much I hate this ******).

A bit off topic but I remember seeing a small "study" to find a correlation of what grades kids got in school (high school at the oldest) vs. what music they listened to. Those who listened to little wayne had the worst grades.

john_anch_ak

Meh, career criminal from age 12, drug dealer, highschool dropout, and known gang member... Good riddance.

Only wish all like him would go out that way.

I agree 100%, a thug, a thief and had no clue what music really is. Rap, rhymes with CRAP and that is exactly what rap is. Couldn't carry a tune if his life depended on it. :beer:

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
Lmao some of you cant be serious right? Nvm. This isn't smackdown.

Jroc

Established Member
No way you shouldn't want to admit it, Eminem is without a doubt a big or pac that was not taken from the world to earlier. He is a lyrical God. I can't put him #1 but he is in my top 5 dead or alive

I am not a Slim Shady fan. In fact being a white boy myself I have developed a prejudice against him. Still I would be full of shit if I were to say that the man hasn't put out some really good music or written some very badass lyrics. He's legitly good, and one of the best writers/rappers ever.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I agree 100%, a thug, a thief and had no clue what music really is. Rap, rhymes with CRAP and that is exactly what rap is. Couldn't carry a tune if his life depended on it. :beer:

There is the SVTP I know.

My taste for rap mostly ended with the 1990's. I can't stand any of the new crap and especially any of the new rappers (with the major exception of Eminem).

First album was very good, The block is hot. After that, I agree.

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Seriously is there a better verse then biggie on "Notorious Thugs"

[youtube_browser]tfxvgi0i1nc[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
really liked a few of his jams for sure and still find his and Pacs murders/connections intriguing..

and I f'in hate eminem

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member

Shouldn't be that hard to admit. Eminem is a truly talented lyricist. But I just always found it interesting that people can't mention one without the other. If I say something about Nas, people will talk about Jay.

Users who are viewing this thread