RIP Another LODD

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Sheriff's Deputy Shot, Killed In Arizona | Fox News

Stay safe out there guys...this year is starting off pretty rough. :(

------------------------------------

PHOENIX – An Arizona sheriff's deputy has been shot and killed while answering a burglary call in the north Phoenix community of Anthem.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio says 50-year-old deputy William Coleman and his partner found a suspect in a van at a medical building at about 4 a.m. Sunday.

The 40-year-old man got out of the van and opened fire with an assault rifle, striking Coleman under his bullet-proof vest. The deputy was taken to a hospital but doctors could not save him.

The suspect was shot and killed by other deputies. Arpaio says investigators are trying to determine why he opened fire.

Coleman was a 20-year veteran. He leaves a wife and two children, ages 4 and 7. Arpaio says he also has grown children in another state.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
i was just going to take off my band on my badge for the other officers when i saw this in the morning, needless to say the band is on my badge currently....smh

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I know how you feel man, I spent a lot of time last year in my Class A with my band on. Really sucks everytime I see these...

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I spent the beginning of 2011 mourning a Sheriff's Deputy Killed in the Line of Duty in my area.

Was really hoping 2012 was going to be the start of something better. Doesn't appear that's going to be the case.

Stat safe and don't be afraid to put a fire under someone's ass if you start to see complacency.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
The media is reporting that it is a .223 caliber Kalashnikov (certainly possible) and bloggers are trying to tie it to the Fast and Furious guns, though aside from it being the proper sort of weapon in Phoenix they haven't presented any evidence of that. The police are looking to see if there is a connection between the shooter here and a couple from back east that were killed last week.

Users who are viewing this thread