Ring Ring "Hello your car is here"

Rob03

Established Member
Yes !!!!! I finally got the call yesterday afternoon. I was told my cobra along with 5 others (all spoken for) arrived at the dealership along with 55 other cars. Of course mine was parked in the middle and all I could do was sit in her :gt: . I will be picking her up sometime today. All I can say is she is beautiful, even covered in dirt. My salesperson finally got my car to their main lot late last night and it will go through PDI sometime early today (only the service manager is allowed to do this on the SVT vehicles). She has the keys and it's inside. I will take pics as soon as I can and get them posted...Oh, on another note, I have a friend who got tired of waiting for his 03 and decided to get a new Saleen. Brought it over last night. It was MG and looked sweet, but not as good as my 03 looks. I even like my 03 wheels better than the Saleens. I will try and post a picture of them side by side soon.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Time to update that sig with the good news, and CONGRATS!:beer:

Mowgli

Established Member
You're service manager is a woman?

SWEET! Why do I get the feeling she'd take better care of your baby than the average service manager.

Maybe its because I'm naive. But that'd be sweet if my service manager was a woman - somehow I'd feel better...

Ok enough irrelevant rambling. I'm going crazy waiting.

Moonlight96GT

Established Member
Originally posted by Mowgli
You're service manager is a woman?

SWEET! Why do I get the feeling she'd take better care of your baby than the average service manager.

Maybe its because I'm naive. But that'd be sweet if my service manager was a woman - somehow I'd feel better...

Ok enough irrelevant rambling. I'm going crazy waiting.

Not if your service woman was my wife, man can she tear thru those gears! :rolling:

Congrats on the arrival, I was sick to my stomach from waiting! :xpl:

blucobra03

Established Member
Congrats

Rob03, it's good to hear you finally got the call man. Believe it or not but I'm still waiting to take mine home and I was called Monday of this week. With all the hassle around the stalling and headlight fogging and the dipsticks detailing it putting some real fine scratches on it, I'm dyin here. The latest is tomorrow now. They had to order a new plastic speedo cover as mine was scratched. The replacement that came in today was also scratched. So now they have a new one that was inspected first coming in tomorrow and will install it and I'll be ready to go. FINALLY !!! God help them if there is anything else wrong. I'm a very patient guy but don't jerk me around too long or I will come unglued on your ass. Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats my friend and enjoy. :thumbsup:

RingTheory

Established Member
CONGRATS!

You might be able to make a few bucks from the co-workers for a "spirited" lunchtime jaunt through the city pavement :)

I've got 800mi on my 03 zinc yellow coupe, one C5 kill, and a lot of looks (especially around 4000rpm)...dyno tomorrow morning.

Have fun! You're gonna love the car.

CobraCraig

Established Member
RingTheory,
Were you showing your car at the Shelby meet? If so I was the guy that talked to you for a while about getting my Zinc Yellow coupe that next week. Got it in this week and it is a freak, I love it. Are you planning on joining Green Country Mustang Club?
I am sure I will be seeing you around.

Craig

RingTheory

Established Member
Dyno Times

OK, I had it dynoed this morning...here are the numbers:

366.5 SAE RWHP
355.8 SAE ft-lbs

This was on a hot engine...I had to drive some 17 miles to the dyno shop.

Word has it, the car can get about 405 RWHP if the pipes are removed from the exhaust manifolds.

CobraCraig, yes that was me at the Shelby meet. I might join GCMC later...I've got 3.25% tax to pay still yet ;)

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Don't get me wrong the '03 Cobra is the sh** as far as performance and bang for the buck (i'm jealous) but IMHO the Saleen looks much meaner and the wheels are way better! All that said you made the right decision I would buy a Cobra before a Saleen or a Roush. A friend of mine got a '03 Stage 2 Roush (no supercharger) for $37k!, I didn't say anything to him but I thought what a rip off! A Cobra is around the same price and will spank a stage 2!

Last edited:

Rob03

Established Member
Well guys, thanks for all the congrats ! I picked her up and hopefully will have pics up in a few days. She is awesome...I am at a loss for words in describing how it feels to get behind the wheel of this beast... I can see by my original post that it was construed I have a Female service manager...well I have a female saleperson , but the service person is a guy :( ..They only have the one guy allowed to even get in and test or repair the cobras..I guess that is good...as a bonus for being the first sale with them they thru in a 4 year 60K maintenance package...plus the obligatory SVT coffee mug :lol: ....

bluecobra03...yours will be here soon I'm sure...it is worth the wait.

My salesperson told me it looks like two of the cobras will be available since the other buyers haven't answered their calls or shown up. It's a sonic blue and silver or black (can't remember) coupe if anyone is interested...

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread