rims for drag radials

harleyreb1

Established Member
Can you run the 16" pony rims on the rear with drag radials or will they rub?? What are you guys running your drag radials on and what size tires?? Thanks in advance.

SNK-BIT

It's Real..Coletti Signed
Established Member
No clue on the pony rims rubbing. Sorry.

I bought a set of stock wheels off ebay and mounted Nitto 245/45/17 drag radials on them.

Looking thru the forums it would seem that the 275/45/17's would also fit (on the stock wheels) and offer more traction.

vemom93

What backspacing should you look for if you were looking to buy a 15 or 16 inch draglight, or other wheel?

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
No clue on the pony rims rubbing. Sorry.

I bought a set of stock wheels off ebay and mounted Nitto 245/45/17 drag radials on them.

Looking thru the forums it would seem that the 275/45/17's would also fit (on the stock wheels) and offer more traction.
u want 275/40s, 275/45s are too damn tall, unless your car is stock height and you want tractor tires on it.:lol1:

stangbear427

Established Member
I ran 225/50's on Pony wheels on my Cobra, and there was so much room it wasn't funny. I had 245/45 Nitto dR's on those same wheels, and they didn't really bulge at all, I'm sure they would work as well. Granted, I still have the stock suspension and that buys a lot of room in there. Currently using the repro Cobras on the rear with 245/45's and plenty of room, but I don't think much wider than another 20mm would fit without hitting the exhaust, and if it was lowered at all the fender lip would need rolling as well.

Users who are viewing this thread