Rim/tire selection question

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
Hi I have a question for the guys at discount tire. I have a 04 cobra with the chrome 17 by 9.5 cobra rims and original f1's that are almost completly bald on the back. And the guy before me that own'd it for some reason put hammer on weights on the outside of two of the rims, and I figured that when I got new tires rebalancing the rims/tire the hammer on's would have to be ripped off causing to scratch the rim.
So my question is what kind of rims and tire can I get for the 1,000 price range or a little above, also can I just go and replace only two rims? I would like to get the widest tire I possibly could for the price also. Thanks in advance.

Chris@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
It's very hard to get a decent wheel and keep in within that price range. The majority of the time, you can remove the clip-on weight without marring the wheel.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
thanks for the advice, I'm guessing the best idea is to be buy the tire i want, then if it scracthees the rim pick up new rims at a later date and just deal with two scracthed rims.

House of Coupes

Love the fact that you guys have this Wheel/Tire forum-question-have a 93 coupe here,5-lug(wilwoods up front),drums out back,no qauds,want to fit an 18x9,what will work.Only want an 8 inch up front(no power steering)Was looking at black FR500s, maybe have them sectioned up front.Any help greatly appreciated. :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread