rim repair help!!!

jareds99slobra

Established Member
i have a set of deep dish bullits but the lip on them have some kind of scratches or blemishes. they are not indented the feel to be on the surface but im not sure what it is or how to remove them. any suggestions

184.jpg

179.jpg

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Have you tried a clay bar? If it's on the surface, they're pretty effective at removing shit like that.

jareds99slobra

Established Member
yep tried clay bar and rubbing compound. i traded these rims for my old set and im tryin to make them look good. im afraid im a have to sand them. its just the rear rims

jareds99slobra

Established Member
im not sure like i said i just traded these for my stockers i got new tires for them the front look great but the rear both lips look like this. should i try sanding them and buffing them? ive never dealt with anything but chrome rims

Predatorbird

Established Member
im not sure like i said i just traded these for my stockers i got new tires for them the front look great but the rear both lips look like this. should i try sanding them and buffing them? ive never dealt with anything but chrome rims

If you sand them down you will strip off the coating that comes on the "cheaper" set of polished lip wheels. I don't know how they will turn out if you strip them bare and try to keep them polished. Check the Show n Shine Saloon to get some better answers.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
If the clear is failing, no cleaning product is going to fix that. Repaint is the only fix for failing clear.

99cobra302

Established Member
I have a set of fr500's that dis the same thing. Only way to fix it is to sand down the dishes with increasing grit sand paper and then keep them polished with aluminum polish for protection.

Basically the clear failed Nd the aluminum is corroding.

Users who are viewing this thread