Rim options besides the high end (CCW, HRE, Forgeline)

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Thanks. I don't doubt that The high end wheels might have higher ultimate strength or the quality of the materials might be better but usefulness is part of that "value" calculation for me. It's the same reason that I don't run a full titanium custom exhaust. No doubt it's better but am I getting value from the increase in cost? If the features that the extra cost brings are not useful to me then the value is not there. ESR sells less expensive wheels but by no means are they unsafe and it's not a fly by night company. I know I will never push a set of their wheels to the point of failure so all other things being equal (size, colors, design) I chose to go with ESR.
I research and do this with everything I buy. Sometimes harbor freight is the best choice and sometimes Snap-on is the best choice. Sometimes it's something in between but there are definitely times when Snap-on is overkill even though they are always the better quality tool.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Well said

awakened

Established Member
Do you have any fitment issues in regard to rubbing?

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I have not had it on the road yet. Just picked them up in December. Looks good so far. I plan to roll the rear inner lips just as a precaution but I don't think it needs it. Inside clearance on the rear is good.
20181221_021059.jpeg
20181221_021310.jpeg

04torchred

Established Member
I went with a set of ESR sr05's. A little extra weight in the wheel is something I will never notice since I don't road race or drag race. Since the weight is the only real difference ( They are a great quality, same BBS style as the others, have the offset I need, and have a lifetime warranty) I can't see paying for a name. I have the money for any of the wheels you mentioned but I need to see the value in the things I buy. A name or label by itself doesn't have much value to me.

Interesting I had never heard of ESR. I wonder what some of the more traditional 5-6 spoke wheels would look like. Good find awakened!

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Be humble my friends . Them none cobra mustang owner WISH they had our 5 spoke rims .

I personal like the stock 5 spoke wheel that came with our car ( mine came with 10th ani rims ) but preview owner bought a cobra rep 17-9 in front and 17-10.5 in rear . Also gave me the 10th set too

Users who are viewing this thread