Rim finish on RIo Red (pics)

toast

Established Member
I need new tires and am seriously considering getting all new wheels at the same time since I wanna get a 10.5'' rear wheel. I'm looking at most finishes right now, Chrome, satin, and satin with black inserts right now, leaning most towards the latter since I wouldn't mind doing something at least a little different.

2.jpg

s1ma.jpg

wt38bs_a.jpg

Just looking for some input. Also if anyone has pictures of the last wheels actually on a car that would help too.

Heres my car how it sat before I lowered it (camera battery is dead).

Picture010-1.jpg

toast

Established Member
Chrome vs the satin with black is what I was debating all along. It would be easier if I had actually seen a car with the black inserts. Does anyone here know of someone who has them?

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Is there such thing as chrome with black inserts? Or has it ever been done? I'd do that if possible. It might look pretty badass

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Dont like chrome on red at all. Chrome is best on black cars. Also are you stuck on 03 cobra wheels?

toast

Established Member
Dont like chrome on red at all. Chrome is best on black cars. Also are you stuck on 03 cobra wheels?

Id tend to agree with you, with everyone saying chrome I starting again looking at pictures of rio red with chrome and it just isnt me. Id be ok with it if it were saleens but for some reason I just dont think it looks good with the 03s. Im not set on them but I do like them a lot. I am also considering maybe 95R wheels but Im always open to other suggestions especially if you have pictures.

97cobra1

Established Member
I'm actually in a similar debate myself. Except it's on the style of wheel and not the color. I'm debating on black 03-04s or black 95rs. Some people might not like all black wheels on a red car... but i like the look. Possibly with a color matched red pinstripe around the wheels... Mmmm secks.

Of the three choices i'd say chrome, with the satin/black a close second. I just don't think that the satin with black inserts would look right on our cars, but the chrome would for sure. You really can't go wrong with any color on red really, it's one of those colors where almost anything looks good within reason. It's a preference color imo.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
in my opinion... Anthracite or Silver look the best on rio red...

example... look at 95riosnake's car. The sexiest rio red Ive ever seen... those color wheels fit rio red PERFECTLY...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424251

+1.. Silver looks great on Rio Red. Old friend of mine had silver Saleens on his rio red 96 vert... looked perfect. Red is flashy enough to still look good with rims that aren't chrome.

Users who are viewing this thread