Rim exchage!

portedsnake

Established Member
Hi everybody I just bought my self my 03 terminator silver conv. with couple mods and some 17'' fr500..I think 17s are 2 small considering the size of the car so I have them for trade on craigslist or sell..A guy is offering me some 18'' bullit rims black with chrom lip 9x18 front and 10x18 in the back even trade for my fr500's...would you trade them?? and will my cobra look good with bullit rims??? advise ppplleaseee

Slow99x

Established Member
Hi everybody I just bought my self my 03 terminator silver conv. with couple mods and some 17'' fr500..I think 17s are 2 small considering the size of the car so I have them for trade on craigslist or sell..A guy is offering me some 18'' bullit rims black with chrom lip 9x18 front and 10x18 in the back even trade for my fr500's...would you trade them?? and will my cobra look good with bullit rims??? advise ppplleaseee

Not for Bullits I wouldn't. Those and Ford GT Supercar wheels look like absolute crap on a Terminator. I would sell the wheels outright and buy something better. Just so you know, 18" wheels carry a large pricetag for tires ($900-1300/4)

Teej281

Established Member
I'd do it personally. I think bullitts look good. And if they have decent tires on them, you'll be good to go. Even if you end up not liking how they look, you can put up a trade for them or sell them and buy what you want.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Well if you're serious about performance and are planning on doing some good mods to your car I would stick with the 17's.... Traction, traction, traction...

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
I'd do it personally. I think bullitts look good. And if they have decent tires on them, you'll be good to go. Even if you end up not liking how they look, you can put up a trade for them or sell them and buy what you want.

Yeah but don't you think he'd be better off doing that with his fr500's for something better? No offense but it's gonna be a lot harder trying to trade bullit rims for something instead of fr500's. Personally I wouldn't make that trade but thats just my .02 :shrug:

Teej281

Established Member
I mean he's gotten this offer so far and no others. I dont know how long they've been on the market(if he said how long, I apologize for not remembering), but I personally think that bullitts look good, and 18" bullitts look better than 17" FR500's IMHO. But tell the guy you are interested but are going out of town for a few weeks on business and if you think about it and dont get anymore offers, let him know.

There is a good point about traction. Also, a 17" wheel will have taller sidewall to help with launching and wheel hop. Good call desert

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
^^^^ Yeah I guess if you really don't want fr500's it doesn't matter what you trade em for... OP we can :bs: about this all day and everyone has their own opinion so just do whatever gets your rocks off... I know everyone comes on here to ask the opinion of others but it ultimately comes down to what you like.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

I'll chime in, trade him...get the tires you want in an 18" for those rims... then start setting aside money and save for TF or CCW's in an 18. You will already have the tires and than be done with buying any other rims

Im going to run my chrome 18" bullitts (left overs) on my '04. Im saving for TF wheels, but at least for the time Ill have some good rubber...and I dont have to swallow a $3400.00 pill all at once when I get my TF.....

I wouldnt run my bullitts but it will work for what I want THE ENDSTATE to be.

its "a technique"

Hope it helps, and GL:beer:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
This could b u:rolling:

It was a quick mock up for a photo..yes I know the tread is going the wrong direction...LOL

2011-08-09_17-08-44_407.jpg

Last edited:

portedsnake

Established Member
Am located in Anaheim,ca...a guy offered me sum 18'' fr500 hypersilver with good tires and wants $100 on top am gona check them out tomorrow see if theyre clean...bullit rims dont look so bad I would rather get the fr500's though...hopefully their clean! ill post pics if i get them =D

portedsnake

Established Member
So i kept the rims the guy backed out and he lied about his tires they were bald and he still wanted 100 dollars on top! Lol....

Users who are viewing this thread