Right turn knocking coming from my A$$ end

svtec99

Established Member
I need help on trying to figure out why my rearend is knocking, I have crawled under the car and did not see anything out of place, bent, broken, rubbing, worn or scratched, everything is attached. It only happens when i turn right and i go over bumps. the knock gets louder and faster as i accelerate out of a turn. the car runs smoothly on left turns and on flat straight aways.

here is a question: If my differential is low on fluid, would it make this sound. or do i have a jacked up halfshaft. I put the car in a ditch last october, but before i went in, i went over a curb. could that of caused some damage to IRS, even if there was zero indication that it came in contact with the curb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Tony

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
- Check your wheel bearing on that side
- check your brake pads and calipers
- check your front differential bushings (get under the car and push up on the pinion side of the diff to see if it moves up)

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Good suggestion. I have had that happen on my rear shocks as well. Aggravating as hell to figure out where the bump noise was coming from.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Good suggestion. I have had that happen on my rear shocks as well. Aggravating as hell to figure out where the bump noise was coming from.

yep, after installing my d-specs, the front passenger strut nut backed off a few threads, and I heard this light knocking noise, and thats what it was. Tightened it up and no problem since.

svtec99

Established Member
thanks all, i will try all of it. i will post back up the progress. thanks again.

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Since it gets louder and faster while you accelerate, I would suggest looking at your CV axles. Sounds like a CV joint is going bad.

Users who are viewing this thread