Right pull is solved

terminatd

Established Member
I had the right pull from day 1. So, I reluctantly took it in to the dealer for an alignment. Well, the pull was worse. Got the 18" AFS wheels on and straight as an arrow. Its the goodyear tires that are crap as others have stated, this is just more confirmation. If its always a right pull perhaps its a defect on the right of the tire during manufacture? :burnout:

ltv1

Established Member
Alignment.

On F1's always.

I had to have my IRS fixed and the boys at Ford Service played with my front end too.

Well, long story short, their work almost got me to roll my car. Took it to my speedshop to have him un-ass their buffoonery and it handles wonderfully. No right pull at all, so in my experience it was not the tires.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I also fixed my pull by replacing the tires......it still has the factory alignment

terminatd

Established Member
The alignment wasn't changed with the new wheels and tires. The alignment was done with the F1's on and the pull got worse. I swapped the wheels and tires and no pull. Its definately the f1's that are bad. I'm going to try to take them in and get a road force on them.

Voice of Reason

Established Member
So if it is the tires, has anyone tried rotating the tires front to back to see if that helps out? I have a slight pull to the right too.

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
I test drove an '03 the other day. It pulled to the right and rear end clunked. And the boost seemed to dump at ~5,500 but I don't recall exactly. I learned about the alignment and clunk problems on this site after the test drive.

Still plan to buy one though.

Jim

Last edited:

davidmax

Established Member
I'm in theprocess of getting some new toys a hunter ultrasonic balancer and a tire dimounter.Whats nice about this set up is if theres a flaw to the 1/10000mm it will say bad wheel/tire and you can remedy the prooblem on the spot.
Road Force is 1 step better but only an inmeasurable ammount.Dave S.

Users who are viewing this thread