Right Away question

203Cree

Established Member
So let's set this up...

I'm sitting at a light, heading straight, waiting for it to go green. 3 cars decide to push the red turning left and are now directly blocking my path. I now have the green and they're sitting in the middle of the intersection as a direct result of running the red light.

So, if I run into them, or they just happen to hit me as I'm passing in front of them, who gets the ticket for failure to yield?

I ask this because I am so sick of waiting for assholes to clear the intersection after blatantly running the light that I'm actually considering just pressing the go pedal when I get the green and hoping for the best.

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
2 things....

1) It is Right OF way not right away

2) If you strike someone in the instance you have given.... you would be at fault for "failure to control speed to avoid collision" (MD Law - it is called something different in every state). While Green means GO... it does not mean go without making sure that it is safe to proceed

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
^^Yup^^ Everyone is in a hurry to get nowhere, but its not worth getting to the point of ramming them. I get irritated also, but just shake my head:fm:

203Cree

Established Member
Drat.

It's not that I'm really in a hurry. Takes me 20 min to get home in all but the worst conditions, and that requires snow and/or ice.

It's just that I'm sick and tired of it. I've had cops sitting right next to me when this happens and they do nothing. It's like they don't care. It's obnoxious, rude and the reason why traffic doesn't flow smoothly.

And F'n, thanks man. It was a bit of a play on words though, lol. I guess my attempt at being funny wasn't as good as I thought.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
2 things....

1) It is Right OF way not right away

2) If you strike someone in the instance you have given.... you would be at fault for "failure to control speed to avoid collision" (MD Law - it is called something different in every state). While Green means GO... it does not mean go without making sure that it is safe to proceed

^^Yup^^ Everyone is in a hurry to get nowhere, but its not worth getting to the point of ramming them. I get irritated also, but just shake my head:fm:

Agreed.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
It's just that I'm sick and tired of it. I've had cops sitting right next to me when this happens and they do nothing. It's like they don't care. It's obnoxious, rude and the reason why traffic doesn't flow smoothly.

If the traffic is that bad that people are blocking the box, imagine how bad the rubbernecking would be if the officer pulled someone over in that mess and had his lights going on the side of the road.

Users who are viewing this thread