right around the corner

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
We are already working hard to get ready for 09! Just this last week we went to MB for the day for some meetings and had our monthly staff meeting yesterday. Mustang Week continues to grow!

2001asp

Established Member
Any chance you could change up the event schedule this year? Going to the same parking lot two days in a row? Maybe the car show could be on thursday and the drive in on Sunday or Saturday. I am sure you have reasons to do that, but a little change up might not hurt......thankyou for your time.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's logistically simpler to have it back to back. Think of all the vendor's booths and rigs lining the perimeter, not fun to set up twice. Plus, not all the vendors are there all week.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Any chance you could change up the event schedule this year? Going to the same parking lot two days in a row? Maybe the car show could be on thursday and the drive in on Sunday or Saturday. I am sure you have reasons to do that, but a little change up might not hurt......thankyou for your time.

We have put a LOT a thought into the schedule for 09. Believe me, we want to mix it up a little. But like SID said, logistics dictates a lot of what we do. When you have the caliber of sponsors and vendors that we have, it is better to have them set up for more than one day at the same place. We started working on the 09 Mustang Week just as soon as we got back from this summer's event. It took us several meetings and several trips down to MB to decide to go with the same schedule for of events in 09 as we did this year. The reasons all pointed back to the lack of suitable venues but more to the logistical problems that mixing things up brings. Also, when we poll our sponsors, vendors and the Mustang-based media, we keep hearing one recuring thing... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

But not to worry if the 09 schedule is "business as usual." The 2010 Mustang Week is going to see BIG changes. We have plans that will probably change the schedule for the bulk of the week. We keeping quiet about them all so that we can nail everything down before we let the cat out of the bag. Our primary concern in planning for 2010 is that we don't loose the "feel" of Mustang Week.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
We have put a LOT a thought into the schedule for 09. Believe me, we want to mix it up a little. But like SID said, logistics dictates a lot of what we do. When you have the caliber of sponsors and vendors that we have, it is better to have them set up for more than one day at the same place. We started working on the 09 Mustang Week just as soon as we got back from this summer's event. It took us several meetings and several trips down to MB to decide to go with the same schedule for of events in 09 as we did this year. The reasons all pointed back to the lack of suitable venues but more to the logistical problems that mixing things up brings. Also, when we poll our sponsors, vendors and the Mustang-based media, we keep hearing one recuring thing... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

But not to worry if the 09 schedule is "business as usual." The 2010 Mustang Week is going to see BIG changes. We have plans that will probably change the schedule for the bulk of the week. We keeping quiet about them all so that we can nail everything down before we let the cat out of the bag. Our primary concern in planning for 2010 is that we don't loose the "feel" of Mustang Week.

I agree on the statement if it aint broke don't fix it....but change is always good too, just not too radical. How bout making the "unofficial premeet" monday at hard rock an official event?

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I agree on the statement if it aint broke don't fix it....but change is always good too, just not too radical. How bout making the "unofficial premeet" monday at hard rock an official event?

We can't officially get that space from those that control it. We really like that parking space but Broadway doesn't want to give it up during that time of year. Plus, we like having Monday night to spend with our families/friends and do something other than Mustang Week-related stuff. Because once Tuesday hits, we get no breaks at all until the following Sunday. In years to come, we may have a Monday event, but not yet.

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
We can't officially get that space from those that control it. We really like that parking space but Broadway doesn't want to give it up during that time of year. Plus, we like having Monday night to spend with my kid and do something other than Mustang Week-related stuff. Because once Tuesday hits, we get no breaks at all until the following Sunday. In years to come, we may have a Monday event, but not yet.

Yeah that's true I agree with that Im sure its hell enough trying to do what you do. I kinda like the unofficial feel of it anyway. More casual.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We can't officially get that space from those that control it. We really like that parking space but Broadway doesn't want to give it up during that time of year. Plus, we like having Monday night to spend with my kid and do something other than Mustang Week-related stuff. Because once Tuesday hits, we get no breaks at all until the following Sunday. In years to come, we may have a Monday event, but not yet.

That's why I like to stay a week after MW just so I can get some vacation time in.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
That's why I like to stay a week after MW just so I can get some vacation time in.

I wish I could afford the time away from work for that. I normally take the Monday before and the Sunday and Monday after the events for relaxing and hanging out with my kid (beach, shopping, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread