Ridiculous Insurance

Cobrasm

Banned
I called my insurance company today (Geico) and asked them for a quote on an 03 cobra i found for 22k. Turns out it would cost me a good 620 bucks a MONTH to insure the car. On december 5th of 05 it drops to 150 bucks a month. Im only 18 and it blows. Oh well looks like im waitin a bit longer for my cobra.....

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
might try it in your parents name, and under a leisure vehicle?? I would check other insurance companies too, because geico isn't the cheapest always.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Oh yeah, listing it as a recreational vehicle that's only driven occasionally is the way to go unless you're pouring on the miles. Another thing...call around and get some different quotes. My Ram was going to cost me nearly as much as my Cobra. I shopped around and found A LOT better deal with another reputable company.
Certainly though, your age is going to frighten any insurance company with a 400 horsepower car. Unless you're pretty well off, the car payment, property tax, fuel costs and insurance premiums will eat you up...not to mention any tickets you might get shattering a few speed laws.

stishooter

Established Member
Gotta love GEICO.

I insured my 66 Mustang with them about 7 years ago and they dropped me 3 months later, citing not my driving record, but the age of my car.

They didn't appreciate it when I asked if my car had suddenly aged since signing the policy.

I'm gonna throw that gecko on my BBQ grill. Anyone hungry?

:beer:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Progressive saved my arse. Give them a shout.

Geico called my house and tried to solicit me one summer afternoon. I let them have it.

I'll take my Gecko with some K.C. Masterpiece. Grill that mother...

Users who are viewing this thread