Ride smells like gasoline inside and out...

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Had a return style system installed a few weeks ago and the guy left the old fuel pump in the trunk. I didn't think twice about it and threw the car on a trailer for 3 days straight then it probably sat in there for another week. Reason I took it was because it smells like pure gasoline outside and inside the vehicle. I left the trunk open and windows down over night in the garage but that didn't work. I put her on a lift, started it and no leaks that I can see but I can't pinpoint the smell. Granted there are much more fuel lines being run and dual external pumps so is that just the nature of the beast? The odor isn't really strong anymore but it's noticeable to me. Any ideas?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
What brand are the fuel lines? I've read from many people that many different brands of lines, Aeroquip in particular also, seem to give off a strong fuel smell.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
not sure to be honest, I know they are blue and braided but not sure on the company. Original it was from a Glenns Performance kit but a lot more lines needed to be shipped overnight so I never got the whole low down on what products where used during the install. I'm not even sure what brand the fuel rails are right now.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
FOUND IT! Turned out to that my wifes motorcycle had a crack in the fuel tank from when the wind knocked it over. It wasn't dripping because it was caught in between the tank and the paint which made some of the paint bubble up. Removed the tank and sat it outside then aired the garage out for about 30min and can't smell a thing! One less thing to worry about know, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread