Ride hight: 2004 convertible terminator

bfgtim

Established Member
Suspension

17” OEM wheels, 255/40 and 315/35
Adjustable max Motorsports coilovers on all four corners
Ride hight measured at centre of wheel well front: 655mm, rear:685mm

My OEM k member is about 65-70mm from the ground. Is there anything I can do to increase my ground clearance because I’d like to lower the car further to get the ‘look’ I’m after.

01yellercobra

Established Member
An aftermarket K member might give you some more clearance. If not you're probably going to have to look into something custom.

bfgtim

Established Member
After some research:

The convertibles come with very low hanging K-Member braces that coupes do not come with.

I’ve contacted Stifflers and MM to see if their brace provides more ground clearance than stock.

MM replied that their brace must be used along with their k member and may save ~ 1”

I await stifflers reply

olympic

Established Member
The verts have an extra brace that can be removed. If you have subframe connectors you should be fine without it.

bfgtim

Established Member
The verts have an extra brace that can be removed. If you have subframe connectors you should be fine without it.

I’ve got subframes as well as strut tower but still don’t want to drive without the lower chassis brace.

bfgtim

Established Member
Who’s removed the k member brace from their convertible? Any negative side effects noticed? Any shaking a thigh speed etc?

94slowbra1

Established Member
i pulled the factory brace when i bought the car. i run the full stifflers FIT system now including his chassis brace. i dont have measurements but i can tell you that i scrape of the new k-member brace. my car is also very low.
as for handling i noticed no negative side affects removing the factory piece. but i did replace with alot of other aftermarket parts so i cat give a true comparison.
id say pull it off and see how the car reacts. if you dont like it then put it back

bfgtim

Established Member
i pulled the factory brace when i bought the car. i run the full stifflers FIT system now including his chassis brace. i dont have measurements but i can tell you that i scrape of the new k-member brace. my car is also very low.
as for handling i noticed no negative side affects removing the factory piece. but i did replace with alot of other aftermarket parts so i cat give a true comparison.
id say pull it off and see how the car reacts. if you dont like it then put it back
Stifflers got back to me and said there would be no improvement in clearance by using their lower chassis brace instead of the OEM.

MM told me to remove the OEM brace and try it with just the subframe and shock tower brace only

bfgtim

Established Member
Steeds and Kenny brown got back to me and told me they did not recommend the removal of the OE kmember brace.

Anyway, just thought I’d share my findings with all. As for me, I’m leaving the OEM brace installed

Users who are viewing this thread