Ride Height Question

jimmy1320

Established Member
Hey guys, looking to see if anyone out there has a 2003-2004 Mach 1 with bone stock suspension. I'm wanting to know what the factory ride height from the floor to top center of fenders is. I installed a set of Ford Racing C springs and car seems to set kinda height compared to what my 2001 Gt did. It also had C springs and it sat at around 28 rear and 26 3/4 - 27 front. They had been on the car since 2002 so not sure how much settling occurred over 13+ years. I just ordered this new set and my Mach is sitting at 28.5 rear and 27 3/8 front. All isolators are installed just like my last car had, and not really wanting to remove them. I also keep seeing around the net that the Ford C spring has a "dead spring" can be trimmed? Supposedly Ford included instructions about this but have yet so find them anywhere. I know comparing these new ones to my last set, that the rear spring looks different. So i'm not sure if the last set had the top coil cut or if Ford made revisions since 2001-2002. Thanks guys

jimmy1320

Established Member
Thank you Khyren. I've seen some old post on this and some have said stock, they sit anywhere from 27 1/2 to 28 3/4 for the rear only. Can't believe the vast differences on the ride heights. With the H&R super sport springs, the rear was sitting at 27 1/2. and front 26 1/2 with all isolators installed about 2 months ago. Trying to find that happy medium for looks and the ability to get car in and out of driveway. Thanks again for taking time to measure yours.

Users who are viewing this thread