Ride along and WOT blast in new 408 coupe....

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
My first thought before watching was that car needs a stickshift.....but that does look pretty damn fun as is. :banana: Car sounds really good.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
My first thought before watching was that car needs a stickshift.....but that does look pretty damn fun as is. :banana: Car sounds really good.

I am a gear jammer at heart. It would rock with a full faceplated TKO, but the auto is going to be quicker. My 2012 is a manual, so I still have that to play with.

Mike

19935.slow

Established Member
sweet fox for sure, sounds healthy, and looks like it has great drivability for a 408 car. I read your descriptions. Sounds like the springs aren't right for the cam and it doesn't wanna spin over 6000. Either that or they are just done around there. Whats the top end combo?

and btw, running colder plugs wont cause a miss. It'll just be a hair slower.:beer:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
that sounds nasty man! makes me miss my fox bodies...

any pictures??

I have some, I will post them up.

sweet fox for sure, sounds healthy, and looks like it has great drivability for a 408 car. I read your descriptions. Sounds like the springs aren't right for the cam and it doesn't wanna spin over 6000. Either that or they are just done around there. Whats the top end combo?

and btw, running colder plugs wont cause a miss. It'll just be a hair slower.:beer:

If you watch the other video I have, it really sounds like an ignition miss. I thought it was valve float, but I don't think so. It has Canfield heads and a Super Victor with a Quick Fuel 850. Lift is around .610 with this cam.

That crooked steering wheel would drive me nuts!

LOL, I know.

Thats pretty bada$$

Thanks.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Some pics from when I first got it. That air cleaner is gone now. I need to find something that fits though......

Coupe_zpscfd74ce0.gif

CoupeBack_zpsd620a67c.gif

CoupeMotor_zps1c9a270a.jpg

19935.slow

Established Member
Canfields and a super vic ftw! Valve float can def sound like an ignition miss, it can sound like a lot of things to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread