Riddle me this batman.....

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
I have considered building a motor for my 96 cobra. The one in it is running fine but I have thought about building one to put in it's place.

So- Would it be better to buy a motor from a wrecked 96-98 Cobra and build it, or does anyone know of any places that have any blocks for sale? I have had the itch for an '03 cobra but have considered just building a motor for my 96 instead. I only have about 18 months worth of VERY LOW paymens left on it and just not sure I want to jump into a big car payment for an '03.

Thoughts????

97cobraheaven

Established Member
you wont get a better block then the one you got in it. you can find someone parting out a wrecked car every once in a while, just keep your eye out.

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
I have been watching pretty close for a short while. It seems when one of these blocks comes available they are snapped up pretty quick. Would love to get a teksid to build on.

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
This issue is exactly why my wife and I didn't buy an 03 when they came out. $500 a month car payments and higher insurance or a paid-for 96 with 60,000 miles on it and $500 a month to buy parts?

Users who are viewing this thread