Rick, Why Kenny Brown Suspension Components

jfclague

Established Member
Rick,

Question for you. Why did you select Kenny Brown suspension components?

From all the postings on this board and others, they are one to stay away from (also Steeda). Everyone seems to be promoting Maxium Motorsports.

I really wanted subframe connectors and when I brought my '03 Cobra in for the Predator and Pulley install, I wanted to get the subs installed also.

Let me know your input on this.

Thanks

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
I tried there stuff and it worked. After talking to them they seem to really have the answers on why these cars have problems with wheel hop. They also have alot of different components to address the problem.

MM is also a good product too. I've used many of there parts too. there CC plates are the best I ever used.

Rick

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Kenny does get a bad rap here - oh my god, they killed Kenny.

But on my 99 Cobra I installed thier anti hop kit with HAL shocks & it cured 95%+ of my hop - so it worked, like Rick said.

jfclague

Established Member
Thanks for the reply back Rick.

What is the timeframe for getting the Predator in your shop?

I am waiting for that so I can get my pulley installed in your shop. Maybe the Kenny Brown subframes also.

Goldy

Established Member
If you're considering the Kenny Brown sub-frame connectors (and I'd suggest the super-subs for the minimal cost difference), you may want to also consider adding the cross-matrix bracing and jacking rails; all three parts go together very well, as well as add additional stiffness (not to mention making jacking the car much easier).

Pics of my Kenny Brown stuff can be found on the following site: http://www.indysvtoa.com/kb_shocktower.shtml

It's a little hard to see, but the jacking rail, cross matrix bracing, and super sub-frame connectors are in the 'Close up of the Extreme system' picture (I had them all undercoated, though I understand they do not have to be.)

Good Luck.

Icrouse

Established Member
On Kenny Brown

I have purchased numerous parts from Kenny Brown and have been extremely pleased. They offer more suspension upgrades to the IRS than anyone else. Kenny meets with Ford Racing approximately once per month and they are using their k-member. I am not sure why they get such a bad rap. Their parts are very well made. They are strong and well engineered. I have never had any real problems and always get directly to techs if I need help. Last but not least is the suspension upgrades work. I put 4000 miles on my 2003 before I modified it. A stock Cobra does well but there is no contest between the way my car handles now and the way it handled stock. Numerous other cobras that are being raced are using their parts. Nitous Pete has used some of their parts and has been pleased with the results. They are currently building a car for the World Challenge. They have put some remarkable engineering into this car that no one else has. Check out their web site. There is alot of BS that goes on the internet. I take in the information and check it out myself personally.

jonas

Established Member
Personally their subframes are like toothpics compared to others. Their matrix shit is all gimmic since they dont add much torsional support. And Griggs by far are much much more hardcore in the racing scene then kb is. I buy everything griggs or MM.

I give kb one major kudo and that is they actually offer a arms for the rear irs. Good job. I wonder if they better the geometry or just lightweight tubular knockoffs with no geometry changes.

Come on grigs and mm. make more irs components or maybe I will go kb

Users who are viewing this thread