Ricer Rant

John Ryder

Established Member
It was a really nice weekend locally so I took my Mustang out for a nice long drive to try and unwind from a stressful week. Ended up in a busy town with lots of traffic when I heard a noticeable BOV but couldn't place what vehicle it was coming from; I'm usually intrigued by such noises. Not long after I noticed a toolbag in what looked like an older Integra driving like a complete idiot; he would short shift 1-2 and then hammer it. He came so close to tagging the vehicles in front of him I almost thought he was drunk, not just stupid.

I knew what was coming given the heavy traffic, he got besides me and started bouncing it off the rev-limiter so bad I was waiting to hear his engine puke. I avoid street racing 95% of the time and simply rolled my window up and let him do his thing. He got behind me and did the same thing of flooring it an almost rear ending me.

Ricers have really died down locally, and I can respect any car people put work into, but the guys like this one just leave me shaking my head. A part of me wish I would have gone for a run but as I get older the more I realize it's just not worth the trouble. End rant.

Last edited:

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
It was probably Sudden 5.0 Syndrome. Can be highly contagious! Nearby drivers exhibit symptoms of PTSD accompanied by uncontrollable revving, inconsistent shifting, and general douchebaggery - some Prius owners may also shit rainbows when inflicted by it.

Many 5.0 drivers are inflicted with the symptoms themselves; however, the cause for other drivers typically stems from past experiences dealing with the destruction left in the wake of a 5.0 Mustang.

Posted via Topify on Android

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
It was probably Sudden 5.0 Syndrome. Can be highly contagious! Nearby drivers exhibit symptoms of PTSD accompanied by uncontrollable revving, inconsistent shifting, and general douchebaggery - some Prius owners may also shit rainbows when inflicted by it.

Many 5.0 drivers are inflicted with the symptoms themselves; however, the cause for other drivers typically stems from past experiences dealing with the destruction left in the wake of a 5.0 Mustang.

Posted via Topify on Android

:dancenana: too funny!

Users who are viewing this thread