rice... getting 0wned

merp

Captain Insane-o
Established Member
Okay, not in anything remotely sporty, and not so much ownage as demonstration of slow...

I'm in my 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 (~3900lbs) with my buddy, who's shall we say, not small, and we roll up on some nasty 240sx with all the cheap crap done to it, wheels, a small drop, and a fartcan. It's at least a stick, but when we heard him hit it to the next light, it occurred to me that for all the sound and fury, he wasn't moving very fast, so I toss goofball a rev at the next light.

A little about the truck. It's bone stock. It could stand some ignition maintenance (we were returning from the auto parts store for that exact reason). It's the I-6 4.0. It could use an injector flush. It's got 106K on the original driveline, and I'm in full-time 4WD on the transfer case (as opposed to 2wd)

So the light changes, and we hit it. Traffic keeps us from anything meaningful, but he hits 3rd, and hasn't moved with respect to my truck, which got the jump and was about a nose ahead.

We roll up to another red signal, both of us first in line, and I drop the window and let him have it...

"Dude! You just got owned by a 10-year old, bone stock Jeep! With this guy (points at passenger) riding shotgun! OOOOOWWWWWNED."

So we do it again from the light, this time with enough road to tell that yes, he was actually slightly faster. He was driving for all his worth, though; he bounced off the limiter in the first two gears, and only managed to start creeping past me in 3rd. Wasn't the stock 240 significantly faster than this truck? By whole seconds to 60? I mean, it was pretty light and made decent power. Hell I only make another 40hp at best, stock, and my truck's not in the best state of tune, and I've another 240lbs of passenger above the 500lbs of extra weight in the vehicle! What the hell could he have done to that poor, poor Nissan!

Ugh. It was a total blast while it was happening, and I just wanted to share that... Hope I've provided some entertainment :)

Last edited:

ScottyBoy302

Canadian/Asshole
Established Member
Wow, that thing musta been messed. Im pretty sure they made 150hp and although theyre far from fast, it shouldnt have been as slow as your 6-cylinder jeep with all that extra weight.

Awesome when ricers lose though, and for him to tie a stock jeep hes definitely a loser. Nice :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread