Revised Magnaflow catback for 03 Cobras?

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I got this information off of mustangexhaust.com ...

A new stainless steel cat-back system is being developed for the 2003 Cobra. Magnaflow has found that changes in the 2003 Cobra IRS requires them to make some slight adjustments to the current Cobra cat-back. The exhaust tips from the 2001 Cobra cat-back will be carried over to the 2003 Cobra cat-back.

Anybody heard anything about this? I'm assuming this is a different exhaust than #15644

KingKobra

Established Member
I called magnaflow and they said that #15644 works on the 03, but I also heard that future manufactures of this part # may be slightly adjusted to suit all the models. It should still be the same part # after the small adjustment. That's what I heard.

Cobra'03

Established Member
I think this is entirely a cosmetic/fitment issue. On my install, and on two others I have examined using the 2001 system, the left tailpipe is canted ever so slightly to the right to fit perfectly in the cutouts. All this does is put the little "weep hole" in the tip bottom right of dead center to an imaginary line drawn from the ground to the tip. Big deal. From any other view, there is no effect. So, if you can get a good deal on the system now, go ahead - otherwise, wait for the little change.

Users who are viewing this thread