Review: Pro-5.0

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
For those who had a previous Fox/Mustang and thought the 03 'Cobra shifter from the factory was great, you're right. BUT, when you add the Pro-5.0 shifter you'll realize its.... well.. crap! Seriously I added the Pro-5.0 and paid a few extra bucks for the bushings that allowed me to keep the factor handle but saved a few bucks more by not buying the Pro-5.0 short/straight handle.

The shifts are simple now, the 5-6 is a no brainer, power-shifts don't cause so much consternation, it's fun to shift just to feel how light and precise it feels now! I could go on... I thought I'd keep the factory setup until maybe it bent a shift rod and then have Ford fix it.. but, after having the dealer put 30+ miles on my car w/o permission, I'd rather preserve my setup as it came from Ford and never have those guys touch my car!

For the record I installed the Pro-5.0 base w/ the steel bushings, factory handle and all the factory rubber/bushings around the handle removed (as its designed to be done by Pro-5.0). I can't tell any additional vibration/heat/noise yet.. but its only been a few miles.. but it can't get too much worse right :)

Now if Mr. UPS would just bring the more serious stuff over.. :)

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
how smooth is the 1-2 shift? is it clunk-clunk or is it pretty smooth?

EasyMoney

Established Member
I put a steeda tri-ax shifter in my 03 and you would not believe the difference if you have not tried one over the ford stuff.The shifts are so much easier and a lot quicker.:beer: :thumbsup:

2003snake

Established Member
What's the truth behind having to wait 1000 miles so that your forks can "break-in" before installing a after market shifter??

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
The 1-2 is like click click, not a clunk. Never heard the thing about waiting 1000 miles for breaking in the shift forks..

Users who are viewing this thread