Revan Racing Build complete!! Thank you Van

buck24

Established Member
So back in about May, I called my go to guy, Van..lol and after talking with him I decided to send back some of my BMR rear suspension parts and go with the Griggs SS system, I have been debating this for a long while and decided that I wanted to hit the track next year and the Griggs would be the ticket. Along with the SS package, I also had picked up Stainless Works headers and O/R X pipe, Full Tilt Boogie front and rear slotted rotors, stainless steel brake lines, larger capacity oil pan, Spec clutch, BMR A-Arms, Aeroforce gauges. Then one morning I had the bright idea to add another piece to the build...another SC. I already had the Ford TVS but since the K member was to be dropped for the header install, I called Van and got the Stage 3 KB 2.8LC, lol, the sickness never ends. Here are some picks as I just picked up the car from Mustang Don's in Richmond, VA and now live in upstate NY.

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

The car is completely different after the Griggs install, it is so much more planted and I feel much more confident throwing it into a corner, now I can feel what is going on back there. Many thanks to Van, throughout this whole process he was always there answering his phone when I had questions. In the past 2 years of owning this car he has been such a huge help in the transformation of this beast and I can't be more happy. Looking forward to getting out on the track next year.

buck24

Established Member
Lund, right now it's just a safe initial tune, I have to get a remote session booked on the dyno with him to dial it in.

fcettner

DaShelby
Established Member
Lund, right now it's just a safe initial tune, I have to get a remote session booked on the dyno with him to dial it in.

I have the KB 2.8 set-up as well, got on the rollers with Jon and well worth the time. He made improvements over the initial tune and added an aggressive tune to boot.

buck24

Established Member
I have the KB 2.8 set-up as well, got on the rollers with Jon and well worth the time. He made improvements over the initial tune and added an aggressive tune to boot.

I can't wait, I am running out of time up north here, not many more weeks of decent weather.

Dadz500

Established Member
Nice! I am trying to figure out what to do for my 700 rwhp 12 Shelby Vert now, it is just dangerous as it sits and need to do something and meant to call Van yesterday, but we all know how that goes. Sits perfect, BTW.

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks Buck. You've definitely got one fine looking ride and I'm sure it handles like a dream.

Yes I am in Florida but I'm nationwide baby! LOL

We put some Griggs components on the 207.7 MPH Texas Mile convertible to help stabilize the car on the big end. Griggs just simply transforms the car.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I cant believe how sweet that looks! the stance is perfect, and would never guess the setup thats underneath the otherwise stock looking car!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Awesome man!! I saw that Griggs switched from Koni to the Vari-shock.. I wonder why they did that.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Man that is nice. Very nice. Congrats. I am sure that will e a blast to drive straight or around curves....

buck24

Established Member
Thanks guys, it looks pretty stock, sounds like it wants to kill someone, and drives completely different than before. It's worth the money and then some, the best mod I have done to date on any of the cars I have owned, it's a complete beast. Do it to your vert, you will not be dissapointed.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
That is sick Kyle. I didn't know you moved? Guess I won't be seeing you at Cars and Coffee anymore

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Kona Blue with stripe delete is the best look for those Shelby's. Stance is spot on and the car looks super clean. Great job! :beer:

Next mod is to tint those windows and maybe pick up the new JLT intake for the KBs.

buck24

Established Member
That is sick Kyle. I didn't know you moved? Guess I won't be seeing you at Cars and Coffee anymore

Hey Nate, yeah about 2 months ago I got the opportunity to move back to my home town with my job, cost of living is a lot less, the snow however will not make me happy, lol. I will miss the cars and coffee, some sick cars at katies coffee for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread