Revan Racing 13-6 kit ordered!/review/dyno

NewYorkJon34

Established Member
I don't usually post on SVTP, but I own a 2014 Shelby Gt500. I have almost 13,000 miles on the car now & I definitely respect the power. But since the car is my daily driver, I wanted just a bit more power & to hear the sound of the supercharger whine.

I had the car dynoed stock: put down 589rwhp/600rwtq on a dynojet:

http://youtu.be/qnHgeIZ9mds

I will be returning to the dyno after installing. I ordered the twin 65 mm tb, jlt 127 carbon intake, tune, plus the ngk spark plugs.

I didn't plan on molding the Shelby at first since I previously owned a highly modded 370z which had the best parts available at the time. But due to Van's excellent customer service, the kit was ordered. Van took the time to answer every one of my questions, even when I was unsure to order. His reassurance & patience with me earned my business.

Dyno & review to come

8-8-14 Update: kit arrived, installed on 8-16-14

Last edited:

railroad

Established Member
The whine is addictive. No regrets on the 13-6 kit and I have 2055 miles on the car 10 miles on the kit.

Last edited:

bklynpanman

Established Member
Yes and no. Yes and no. I have the mpss but you can forget about 1st gear. Even With the bmr suspension upgrades. Drag radials ftw !

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I just installed mine Thursday. Played hell getting it tuned but once I figured out my stereo system was ****ing me up I was good to go. Very enjoyable upgrade. It's silly how fast the car gets to triple digits.. and once the roads around here dry all the way out I'll actually put the pedal to the floor.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I bought the 13-6 about a month into ownership of the car. I kept hearing the reviews on how much power this car can make with the simple bolt ons. I don't regret it one bit. Drag radials are a must.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I loved my 13-6 for the first week. Now the car feels stock and boring again. Time to do a pulley soon.
I did piecemeal upgrades on my 11, vowed not to do it again on the 14.
Buying stuff only to replace it later with something, ( newer, bigger, better, ) is a waste of money.
Have a plan, buy parts once, done.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Buying stuff only to replace it later with something, ( newer, bigger, better, ) is a waste of money.
If I wan't to add more power down the road I'll consider adding a pulley. Not everyone has a specific number they want to hit right off the bat. For some of us 600 rwhp to start was a lot. Now I have to get used to the upgrade. When/if that wears off, I'm sure Van will help me with whatever fits my goals and parameters.

Van@RevanRacing

I loved my 13-6 for the first week. Now the car feels stock and boring again. Time to do a pulley soon.

That's the beauty in the 13-6 Kit. You can add and grow with the base foundation of the 13-6 kit to over 800 RWHP & 800 RWTQ

Items you can add with out a tune revision to the 13-6 Kit

Upper Pulley or Lower Pulley

Items you can add with a free tune revision to the 13-6 Kit

Throttle body changes to known throttle body's that have been tuned and a tune file exists

Off Road Exhaust

Long Tube Headers with Off Road Exhaust

Gear Swap

Items requiring additional tuning and data logging but parts that can be added and not lose any of the original components

Upper and Lower Pulley

Larger Injectors

E-85 Conversion with Kenne Bell Dual Competition Boost A Pump

Some do it all at once and others put it together and increase power over time. That's one of the greatest advantages to the kit and the way it goes together.

Van

BahnRunner

Established Member
You will love the 13-6 kit, no regrets here either. Van hooked me up and answered all my dumb questions patiently. I had my car dynoed stock on a dynojet and it made 604 whp and 595 wtq. I have not returned to the dyno yet to see what the kit will add. Hopefully I will have my car back this week so I can find out. I bought the 13-6 kit from him with the 127mm cai and upper pulley. Next mod is the cat delete and a tune revision. Also the car is getting mpss mounted today which honestly should have been my first mod. I would love to run a drag radial full time but the speeds I run the car at over here in Germany it just wouldn't be safe. Enjoy your new found power!

Turbosixx

Established Member
I hate my 13-6 kit. It forced me to buy a set of MPSS by finishing off the shitty goodyears.

eagle eye

Established Member
I too was a bit hesitant to start modding my motor. But after speaking with Van several times and reading all the testimonials on this forum, I pulled the trigger.
I experience 0 problems or adverse effects from the 13-6 kit. Drivability, perfect.
Van is a stand-up guy. He's always available to answer any concerns you may have.
You will be very surprised what a difference that kit will make NewYork.

Users who are viewing this thread