Revan H/E install question......

HISSNTEL

Not so new
Established Member
Trying to install my exchanger (on my 2008 GT500) and it says to mount the pump in the same orientation that the stock one was. When I do this the outlet piece hits the top side of the fan cover. I put in the spacers and it still hits. (Even with two spacers on it) Anyone else with this issue or can advise me on this?

barspen

Established Member
Trying to install my exchanger (on my 2008 GT500) and it says to mount the pump in the same orientation that the stock one was. When I do this the outlet piece hits the top side of the fan cover. I put in the spacers and it still hits. (Even with two spacers on it) Anyone else with this issue or can advise me on this?

Do you have a photo of the area?

Can't speak for specifically for a 2008, but there are some plastic pieces that direct the airflow into the stock HE which need to be trimmed (I used a Dremmel). These were next to the elbow that transfers coolant...just cant remember if it was on the pump of the HE itself.

If in doubt, I would call or email Van directly.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
are you referring to the pump outlet hose? You have to slightly rotated it in the rubber mounting grommet so it wont hit

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
I had to rotate the pump slightly with my Afco. I lubed the rubber insulator with brake cleaner, rotated the pump, and the brake cleaner evaporated leaving a nice tight fit. I didn't want to use WD-40 or similar because then the pump could slip forever.

Steve

Edit: I'm full of crap. Zporta is correct in his following post. Brake cleaner is bad for rubber.

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I had to rotate the pump slightly with my Afco. I lubed the rubber insulator with brake cleaner, rotated the pump, and the brake cleaner evaporated leaving a nice tight fit. I didn't want to use WD-40 or similar because then the pump could slip forever.

Steve

i think brake clean is bad for rubber.

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
i think brake clean is bad for rubber.

Nope. Brakes have rubber parts. Both disc and drum. They're not affected.

Steve

Edit: Zack is correct. I just read my brake cleaner can. It says PROTECT rubber parts. Just cause I'm old doesn't mean I'm wise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread