Revan 13-6 almost done!!

gassman

Established Member
Almost finished with 13-6 package...just waiting on replacement pipe from MRT. Heard this setup is sick fast!

1zlxe2u.jpg

wtg32c.jpg

lethal

Established Member
Almost finished with 13-6 package...just waiting on replacement pipe from MRT. Heard this setup is sick fast!

Congrats on the build, may I ask what your lift setup is, looks pretty cool!

John

Edit: Finally got unlazy and blew up the pictures, look like Race Ramps.. gunna pick up some =)

Last edited:

Ky GT500

Established Member
Congrats on the build, may I ask what your lift setup is, looks pretty cool!

John

Edit: Finally got unlazy and blew up the pictures, look like Race Ramps.. gunna pick up some =)

Yep, look to be race ramps,,10"

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Did you go with the 91 or 93 octane tune? Pulley?

I just ordered the 13-6 without the exhaust or pulley options, I went with 91 octane since 93 is hard to find here. Did you do the tr6 plugs?

Last edited:

gassman

Established Member
Are you doing exhaust work as well as the 13-6 kit?
yep did the MRT H pipe
did both, we had more 93 stations open up here, no pully
I just ordered the 13-6 without the exhaust or pulley options, I went with 91 octane since 93 is hard to find here. Did you do the tr6 plugs?
yep they are encouraged w this setup

gassman

Established Member
Was there something wrong with the original MRT pipe when you said you were waiting on the "replacement"? Or did you simply mean it's a replacement for stock?

yea pass side pipe had bad placement for upper O2 sensor, they corrected it fast and swapped out pipes

mwilson6192

Established Member

Good to see I'm not the only one who opted out of the 10% OD pulley option on the 13-6 kit (mine included the 93 octane tune and NGK TR6 plugs but no exhaust or pulley). I just haven't come to terms with grinding down the crank sensor. It was (and still is) difficult for me to apply this kit which instantly voids the warranty. However, after I read KyGT500's review of how the Shelby was "a whole new car" with the addition of the 13-6 kit and he did not install the pulley, as well as my having had a taste of a couple of laps at Watkins Glen recently in my stock Shelby, I decided to purchase and install this kit.

Perhaps I'll get the notion to add the 10% OD pulley (or an upper pulley instead) at some point in the future. I do like the option for headers, but every car in the past that I have added headers to (3) needed to have the engine mount bolts removed and the engine jacked for a crucial 1" or so clearance. I admit I have no idea whether this is required or not - just opining on my prior experiences with header installation in past cars.

I'm certain others don't have the angst I do about some of these modifications, but at the moment the 13-6 kit less the 10% OD pulley and exhaust options will be just fine! :)

Van@RevanRacing

Good to see I'm not the only one who opted out of the 10% OD pulley option on the 13-6 kit (mine included the 93 octane tune and NGK TR6 plugs but no exhaust or pulley). I just haven't come to terms with grinding down the crank sensor. It was (and still is) difficult for me to apply this kit which instantly voids the warranty. However, after I read KyGT500's review of how the Shelby was "a whole new car" with the addition of the 13-6 kit and he did not install the pulley, as well as my having had a taste of a couple of laps at Watkins Glen recently in my stock Shelby, I decided to purchase and install this kit.

Perhaps I'll get the notion to add the 10% OD pulley (or an upper pulley instead) at some point in the future. I do like the option for headers, but every car in the past that I have added headers to (3) needed to have the engine mount bolts removed and the engine jacked for a crucial 1" or so clearance. I admit I have no idea whether this is required or not - just opining on my prior experiences with header installation in past cars.

I'm certain others don't have the angst I do about some of these modifications, but at the moment the 13-6 kit less the 10% OD pulley and exhaust options will be just fine! :)

I would not recommend the 10% OD for someone who is open tracking their car frequently or often. Creates more heat and increases heat soak which will reduce overall performance.

Long Tubes are a nice option and some manipulation is required but nothing crazy for install, just time and loosening the wiring harness. With long tubes and an off road H Pipe we can remove COT protection (Catalytic Converter Protection) and the car picks up GOBS of torque.

I've previously opined that I felt like the 2013+ GT500's didn't need a dual fan heat exchanger. I've been working with a customer here on the SVTP forum with his 2013 and he noticed a difference immediately with the dual fan heat exchanger. He's using the new Super Heat Exchanger and he's monitoring temperatures with a thermal probe. I'll let him opine so it is from a user and not a vendor.

Van

Derek5774

Established Member
I recently installed the new heat exchanger that Van recommended to me. I had the opportunity to test the car with and without it.
I have a water temp gauge on pillar that reads supercharger coolant temp so that I know when to expect heat soak. water temp gauge starts at 100 degrees.
with the stock heat exchanger (that does not have fans) coolant temp would stay around 125 degrees and IAT's would climb,
after installing the dual fan heat exchanger, my water temp gauge would never show temp because it starts at 100, so coolant is staying 100 degrees or cooler, I thought it was broken at first, on a long WOT pull water temp hit 130 but before I could stop, the heat exchanger took coolant back down to under 100 degrees
the fans are like the car is pulling 80 mph wind through exchanger at all time, I take off with coolant that is cool, therefore lower IAT's and more power from little or no heat soak at all, HUGE results!!!!

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Now the big shocker.................

This heat exchanger will be up on my website shortly. It utilizes dual 11" Fans and a very high end core. Those of you that have worked with me in the past regarding the dual fan heat exchanger know and understand the importance of the heat exchanger core.

The core on this unit is different than the core we employ on the original dual fan heat exchanger with 9" Fans. It is more expensive and thus a higher priced piece.

I'll post a link once it is live on the website and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Umm well then I am in for the new heat exchanger, since I am pushing more power I could definitely use the cooling.

Is it a direct fit or is there any modifying to be done on the new unit? I know its already cramped up front.

mwilson6192

Established Member
I would not recommend the 10% OD for someone who is open tracking their car frequently or often. Creates more heat and increases heat soak which will reduce overall performance.

Long Tubes are a nice option and some manipulation is required but nothing crazy for install, just time and loosening the wiring harness. With long tubes and an off road H Pipe we can remove COT protection (Catalytic Converter Protection) and the car picks up GOBS of torque.

I've previously opined that I felt like the 2013+ GT500's didn't need a dual fan heat exchanger. I've been working with a customer here on the SVTP forum with his 2013 and he noticed a difference immediately with the dual fan heat exchanger. He's using the new Super Heat Exchanger and he's monitoring temperatures with a thermal probe. I'll let him opine so it is from a user and not a vendor.

Van

Thanks for the recommendation and information, Van. I may yet be giving you a call about an exhaust option. I like the idea of GOBS of torque! ;-)

Van@RevanRacing

Umm well then I am in for the new heat exchanger, since I am pushing more power I could definitely use the cooling.

Is it a direct fit or is there any modifying to be done on the new unit? I know its already cramped up front.

It actually bolts up to the back of the Bumper Bolts and no modifications required. Give me a shout and we can discuss further if you would like.

Thanks for the recommendation and information, Van. I may yet be giving you a call about an exhaust option. I like the idea of GOBS of torque! ;-)

Sounds Good! :beer:

Fordfourlife

Established Member

Can you remove COT with just a H pipe and no long tubes? What does COT do? Reduce engine output when cat temps get to high? Just how much torque can be gained by removing it?

Van@RevanRacing

Can you remove COT with just a H pipe and no long tubes? What does COT do? Reduce engine output when cat temps get to high? Just how much torque can be gained by removing it?

Yes. We can turn COT off with just an Off Road H Pipe.

COT is Catalyst Over Temperature strategy. All cars have this. However, in 2013+ GT500's Ford Used a very nice premium grade catalytic converter. To protect the converters when they get hot (COT Strategy) the car richens the fuel but new for 2013 they actually close the throttle body some as well.

When your car is WOT the throttle angle is 82 degrees.

When your car is WOT with COT Strategy on the max angle is 62 degrees, down on power.

That's why so many guys go to the dyno and the power is down and then email or call me asking "Hey, man, what the heck?" LOL

Off Road Pipe = No COT Strategy and WOT whenever you want it.

Another item that will pull timing is IAT2 which is what the dual fan heat exchanger we were discussing earlier helps to curtail.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread