Rev x?

nonliberal

Established Member
I was reading a little about REV X for my powerstroke and see that they recommend it for high performance gas engines as well.

Has anyone here used this product in their gas engines? would you do it again?
I have a TVS Coyote around 700HP on E85 and was wondering if this would be a good idea. Also for same car what weight oil would you recommend? I was thinking 10-30, but not firm on that.

Thanks

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I have a firm policy about engine lubricant additives.

"If you must add anything to the engine lubricant to perform as intended, you chose the wrong lubricant in the first place."

Don't use additives, choose a superior lubricant. Chemists in the lab make careful considerations about the balance of additives in any formulation. Adding a third party chemical may not always improve what you started with. It may diminish another important factor of the overall formulation.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

"If you must add anything to the engine lubricant to perform as intended, you chose the wrong lubricant in the first place."

Don't use additives, choose a superior lubricant. Chemists in the lab make careful considerations about the balance of additives in any formulation. Adding a third party chemical may not always improve what you started with. It may diminish another important factor of the overall formulation.

I agree, but For some reason Rev X seems be a miracle worker for injector issues in the 6.0L Powerstroke. I suspect it has something to do with the sort of unique (for automotive purposes at least) the 6.0 uses it's oil as a very high pressure hydraulic fluid in tiny passages. I would imagine that most motor oils are not formulated with maximum performance in such an application as a high priority. I'd really like to know more about why Rev X seems to work so well, even going as far as fixing some supposedly broken trucks. Perhaps they should have just used better oil from the start?

nonliberal

Established Member

I can go along with that.
It does seem to work wonders in my 6.0 though as SID297 already stated.

cobraboss

Established Member
just use amsoil 15w-40 to start with in your 6.0 and try that!

I used Series 3000 ( 0w30 ) to about 75,000 miles, then switched to 15w40 heavy Duty Marine oil. Got better fuel mileage of the 0w30. Now have 125,000 miles, knock on wood, no problems.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Rex X appears to be a Potassium & Boron super booster carried in a 30 grade base oil.

Rex X VOA.pdf

Amsoil Signature Series lubricants boosted Moly and Boron to compensate for lower levels of ZDDP on the last reformulation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread