rev limiter

cobra916

Established Member
03 mach 1 5speed

sct xcal ...what things can effect your rev limiter?? if neutral , drive rev limiter is set to 7200.. is something missing?? is there a abs setting??that can effect the rev limiter?? please help car runs fine just hits rev limiter 6600 - 7200.. depending how it feels that day haha

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
drive rev limiter is for when you are moving.

There is the Neutral rev limiter which is like a 2 step..kinda

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't have my PRP in front of me. But there's four scalars I can think of that have something to do with rev limiters. There's the neutral and drive. But there's a couple more that I think I have to do with temp and torque. I don't remember exactly. I haven't messed with them in a while.

cobra916

Established Member
I don't have my PRP in front of me. But there's four scalars I can think of that have something to do with rev limiters. There's the neutral and drive. But there's a couple more that I think I have to do with temp and torque. I don't remember exactly. I haven't messed with them in a while.

if you could take a look id greatly appreciate it :beer:

01yellercobra

Established Member
The wife "cleaned" yesterday for company. So I couldn't find my security dongle. I'll try and take a look tonight when I get home from work.

01yellercobra

Established Member
There are 7 scalars for rev limiters in my PRP. When it kicks on lower is it hot outside? There's one that has to do with oil temp. If it's set lower then your normal rev limiter it could cause issues like you're seeing. This is for a Cobra ECU though. I'm not sure what's different with the Mach ECU.

01yellercobra

Established Member
There are 7 scalars for rev limiters in my PRP. When it kicks on lower is it hot outside? There's one that has to do with oil temp. If it's set lower then your normal rev limiter it could cause issues like you're seeing. This is for a Cobra ECU though. I'm not sure what's different with the Mach ECU.

You'll probably want to talk to your tuner. He should be able to make the needed adjustments.

cobra916

Established Member
okay thanks ill look into that..when it kicks in early it might be when its a lil warmer but its hasnt been really that warm latley not even in the 80s so i dont see it being that, but i will ask the tuner..

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's the only one that caught my eye that could cause what you're seeing. It was based off engine oil temp. So if the temp was too high, it would kick in the lower rev limiter.

Users who are viewing this thread