Rev limiter

Ironhand

Banned
No, not really. You lost some speed anyways because of the massive downshift. A friend of mine did the same thing and his is fine. Might wanna check the plugs and oil if you wanna be really sure you didnt spin a bearing or anything. But some people have spun a stock 03-04 Cobra motor past 7K. So you shouldnt run into problems.

musclefan21

Established Member
i did the same on my coba and on my old 06 mustang GT.

with the stang GT, i was at track and i missed third and tried to grab the gear and it went to 1st and locked the rear wheels but in less than 1 sec. i hit the clutch and shifted to 3rd and i was fine and i drove the car like that 8k miles without issues and sold it.

with my cobra 3k miles ago, i was trying to powershift from 2nd to 3rd and it went into 1st and the car just kept hitting the rev limiter and i hit the clutch ASAP and changed the gear and no issues so far!

01tahoe

Established Member
yeah it locked the rear wheels up. I'm going to get it checked out just in case. I need to go tighten that handle down too.

TrickStang37

Established Member
you probably got the engine close to 8500-9000 rpm with that downshift if the clutch grabbed. my friend did the same thing on the freeway. few days later while just daily driving his engine blew unexpectedly. no sounds, no signs, just gave up the ghost.

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
01tahoe said:
So I was running an Evo MR tonight and when I went to shift into 4th my shifter handle apparantely wasn't tight enough and it spun to the side and I accidentally threw it into 2nd. My car jerked and got a little sideways and I pushed the clutch in as fast as I could. The engine didn't shut off or anything and it drove fine after that. I didn't hear any strange noises and no engine lights came on either. What damage could I have possibly done and is there anything in particular I should look for? Thanks for your help.

If you beat the evo you have no problems and the car will only be stronger for having the pleaure of battles won. If you lost check your nutsack and get the FRPP upgrade so that it does not happen again.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
was topping out 4th and going to 5th and put it into 3rd by accident, that was something, took it out and threw back to 4th and continued on to 5th, didn't harm anything here, though it was quite an alarming experience.

Users who are viewing this thread