Return Style Sumped fuel system help/questions

Boosted0range

Established Member
Well i've decided to no longer sell my car, and just go big with it and have fun....Starting off i want to completley re-do the fuel system and just skip the whole dual fpdm's and gt pumps and such, i just want to do a glenns sumped tank with an in line pump. i've searched and looked at pictures and i just decided do draw a diagram in microsoft paint lol, and i just want someone, anyone who knows the in's and outs of fuel systems to finish the picture.

Here's what i get: Sumped tank, -10 out to a -10 100 micron filter, to -10 pump to -10 10 micron filter -10 line out of that filter.....then im not sure what goes on....

Do i need a FORE Y block? -10 split into two 8's to then go to the fuel rails/regulator....im just not sure how this all works. SO basically i need and idea of how it all gets hooked together from the last filter at the rear of the car, the whole way to the front, and then the return. Please answer with what size lines as well.

Thanks for anyone who is willing to be somewhat creative. Maybe this picture could help others out as well idk.

fuelsystem.jpg

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
HERE ARE THE 2 MAINSTREAM WAYS:
-8.jpg

Y BLOCK WAY:
-8Y.jpg

FIRST, MY PAINT SHOP SKILLS SUCK SORRY. YOU CAN USE EITHER METHOD, SOME DO NOT LIKE THE FIRST METHOD OF RUNNING ONE LINE THROUGH BOTH RAILS. IT WORKS FINE BUT PEOPLE HAVE A BAD OPINION ON IT. THE Y BLOCK METHOD IS LISTED ABOVE, HOPE THIS HELPS.

zankylen

Established Member
in order for this to work do you have to have a cobra tank and pump or can you upgrade that portion also?

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
you can upgrade that too, but you need a place on the tank to run your return line into. Some people modify the hat and run the return line into it or you can just run a -6an fitting into the top the tank.

Many people have enough fuel with dual focus or gt pumps but many like the return set up because there is less chance of quick pressure losses.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Great thread. Just wondering why these systems do not appear to use a hydraulic accumulator?

zankylen

Established Member
you can upgrade that too, but you need a place on the tank to run your return line into. Some people modify the hat and run the return line into it or you can just run a -6an fitting into the top the tank.

Many people have enough fuel with dual focus or gt pumps but many like the return set up because there is less chance of quick pressure losses.

any thread links or names that you can give me so that i can do a search?

Users who are viewing this thread