Return style fuel system ?

01MustangGT

CHP 5.1L Stroker & KB
Established Member
i have a mustang GT, but i plan to convert it to return style fuel system and i dont see any GT doing it but seeing some cobra doing it
So i have a few questions:

how much does it usually cost including parts and labor ?
do i need to change the computer in my car ? i have Superchip in my car rite now with a custom tune for my KB
if i go return, wat do i need to do with the computer or the chip in the car ?

if you have any info about this, or know a shop in North California doing it, please help me

thanks in advance

93cobra#83

Established Member
too easy

sump the tank, and add a external fuel pump, and new fuel lines, and some new fuel rails, and then your done, but.... it's gonna cost you around 1200.00

(maybe less if you get some used parts) but aeromotive sells a complete kit if you so choose to go that route.

you need at least 450-500hp, or more in order to need to do that.....

at least that is the normal power level in which folks start to upgrade the stock system.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
How much power are you looking to make? You could stay returnless by getting an '03/'04 Cobra tank with the dual in-tank Cobra or Aviator pumps, lines, rails, upgraded FPDM, and BAP and make over 700rwhp. I would imagine it would cost you a grand or more.

01MustangGT

CHP 5.1L Stroker & KB
Established Member
thank 93cobra#83 and Turbo98 for helping me out on this one
is it that cheap ? i thought it has to be around 2000 dollars
i am planning on running hellion turbo on my car, shooting around 600 rwhp on 91 octane in CA

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
My 99 has a return style system on it, so here is the setup:

FUEL SYSTEM: (built by Houston Performance)
- 95 Mustang Fuel Tank
- Aeromotive Y-Blocks
- Aeromotive Filters
- Aeromotive Fuel Pump Controller
- Aeromotive Regulator
- Stainless fuel lines
- Twin Walbro 255l external fuel pumps
- Steeda Fuel Rails
- 50lb injectors

I think the cost was around $1600 or so.

01MustangGT

CHP 5.1L Stroker & KB
Established Member
brkntrxn said:
My 99 has a return style system on it, so here is the setup:

FUEL SYSTEM: (built by Houston Performance)
- 95 Mustang Fuel Tank
- Aeromotive Y-Blocks
- Aeromotive Filters
- Aeromotive Fuel Pump Controller
- Aeromotive Regulator
- Stainless fuel lines
- Twin Walbro 255l external fuel pumps
- Steeda Fuel Rails
- 50lb injectors

I think the cost was around $1600 or so.

thanks a million
this helps a lot for my setup :thumbsup:

brkntrxn

Established Member
I was told that this setup (with bigger injectors) would provide enough fuel for upwards of a 1000 horsepower. I don't know if that is true or not, but each of the Walbro's is supposed to flow enough for 550hp alone.

93cobra#83

Established Member
Augh!!!!

Houston Performance!!!! = (turn and run like hell)

they cost me TWO Bottom ends.....

stock= KABOOM on the dyno....(should have clued me in)

built motor= stock block, and a built bottom end.... cobra crank, manley rods, and a good set of JE pistons, and they tuned it too lean, and KABOOM!!!! lasted 3600 miles and 11 months and about a week....., that said i was driving it too hard under 10 pounds of boost and that was with the bad ass 3 core intercooler..... (funny it went to the track like 3 times and made like 7 passes doen the track, and then it blew up....

(oh yea, theis was on my 01 Bullitt by the way...)

so they covered about 1 10th of the new motor rebuild cost... and they only did that cause i was super pissed....

i'd rather have Carl off of Sling blade tune my car then those monkeys with a set of box wrenches.... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

if you can't tell i'm not too pleased with them...

Daniel

brkntrxn

Established Member
93cobra#83 said:
Houston Performance!!!! = (turn and run like hell)

they cost me TWO Bottom ends.....

stock= KABOOM on the dyno....(should have clued me in)

built motor= stock block, and a built bottom end.... cobra crank, manley rods, and a good set of JE pistons, and they tuned it too lean, and KABOOM!!!! lasted 3600 miles and 11 months and about a week....., that said i was driving it too hard under 10 pounds of boost and that was with the bad ass 3 core intercooler..... (funny it went to the track like 3 times and made like 7 passes doen the track, and then it blew up....

(oh yea, theis was on my 01 Bullitt by the way...)

so they covered about 1 10th of the new motor rebuild cost... and they only did that cause i was super pissed....

i'd rather have Carl off of Sling blade tune my car then those monkeys with a set of box wrenches.... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

if you can't tell i'm not too pleased with them...

Daniel

I am sure every shop has horror stories. I bought the car completely finished and Houston Performance did the work several years and 10,000 miles ago. No problems yet and the car runs like a bat out of hell.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them. I personally have never dealt with them, but they built this car.

Users who are viewing this thread