return style fuel system smog question ( CA owners please help)

blwnblkgt

Established Member
my question is how many of you guys have gone return style fuel system and still pass smog check, I'm not worried about visual more worried about the other stuff like the readiness monitors.. let me know guys

MG0h3

Established Member
I don't know why it wouldn't pass. All the evap equipment remains in place so no cel. They rely on the pcm to check the tank for leaks and the cap will test out the same.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

cj428mach

Established Member
You can retain your entire fuel emission system once you go return. Theres nothing that has to be turned off in the computer.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Its still technically illegal. Modified emissions because it's no longer factory. My plan is to run a dead head system and put the regulator in the wheel well. That way there's still only one line running the rails and the tech won't see the regulator.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

97snakebite

Established Member
Its still technically illegal. Modified emissions because it's no longer factory. My plan is to run a dead head system and put the regulator in the wheel well. That way there's still only one line running the rails and the tech won't see the regulator.

The only thing illegal is messing with your tune... how fuel is supplied has nothing emissions related as long as u have the evap in place which u still will.. my custom return system passed smog no issues.. or do what others stated and pay to play is u feel that uncomfortable about it

01yellercobra

Established Member
The only thing illegal is messing with your tune... how fuel is supplied has nothing emissions related as long as u have the evap in place which u still will.. my custom return system passed smog no issues.. or do what others stated and pay to play is u feel that uncomfortable about it

If you have a 97 as your name suggests then that's why you passed. Your car came with a return style. He's talking about switching from returnless to return. And yes, it falls under modified emissions because controlling the fuel delivery is part of emissions. At least according to CA.

I really need to stop replying to these posts. It's not like I have friends that have smog shops or anything.

97snakebite

Established Member
If you have a 97 as your name suggests then that's why you passed. Your car came with a return style. He's talking about switching from returnless to return. And yes, it falls under modified emissions because controlling the fuel delivery is part of emissions. At least according to CA.

I really need to stop replying to these posts. It's not like I have friends that have smog shops or anything.

Im a goof. For some reason i thought this was in the SN section. My B

Users who are viewing this thread