Return-style fuel system questions

MVM

Established Member
I'm trying to educate myself on return-style fuel systems and have read many posts on svtperformance.com. There are a couple of questions I haven't found answers for and thought those more knowledgeable here might be able to help:

1. I am looking at having a quiet return-style fuel system that uses in-tank pumps. Should I be concerned that I would be running "duty-cycle type pumps" (ie non-continuous) in a continuous (100% duty cycle) mode?

2. In a return-style system, how did you wire the pump(s) to a power source? Via a relay or directly to a switched source?

3. If you use a pump controller, how do you know what the voltage settings should be a various engine rpm levels (see below)?

From Aeromotive: Aeromotive's billet electric fuel pump controllers are able to sense engine rpms and deliver the correct voltage to the fuel pump(s). An adjustable knob lets you calibrate the desired rpm level, and an LED indicator confirms ignition hookup, verifies the energizing of the manual override circuit, and indicates the circuit is providing full voltage to the pump(s).

4. Why do you need/want a manual override circuit in a fuel pump controller (see above)?

Thanks for the help!

Mike

MVM

Established Member
Thanks Rick. I know about Glenn's but was looking for a quieter solution and thought the in tank pumps might be quieter than the Walbro(s) he has in his packages. He does make nice stuff.

Anybody else?

Users who are viewing this thread