return style fuel system fuel pressure #'s

toslow5.0

Established Member
Ok this is my first post and I need some help. I own a shop and I'm doing a fuel conversion on an 04 Cobra. He is going to a return style system. My question is what type of pressure should the regulator be set at. I tried search but to no luck. He has 20 inches of vacuum at idle so i figured like 25 psi. He has stock injectors and 1 walbro 255 in tank pump. the regulator has a 1 to 1 boost reference. I've never converted a returnless system so I'm at a loss any help is appreciated.

jumperjack

Established Member
I have Glenns Performance 1000 HP system w/twin 255's on it with Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pressure Regulator with 1:1 boost reference at idle my FP is right around 30 and the FPR is boost sensitive so increases as throttle increases. Be sure to hook the FPR up to the boost side not vacuum side of blower manifold. Mine was hooked up wrong and was running out of fuel till we figured it out. Hope this helps.

Black306

Established Member
When converting to return style, the same general rules apply for other return style systems. That said, pressure should be set at 39psi with the vacuum off the FPR (unless you are tuning the car otherwise). With 20" of vacuum, you should see 29psi with the vacuum line attached.

On a side note, any reason for installing only a single 255 pump? The stock dual Cobra pumps flow significantly more than a single Walbro 255 pump.

toslow5.0

Established Member
the customer wanted just one pump. one of his cobra pumps went bad and he is tight on funds as well. i told him one will work for his power level but he will need an additional pump or a bigger one if he plans on much more power . He is putting down like 420 to the wheels. he said he will put another one in around tax income time so two install charges for me lol

Users who are viewing this thread